POST PICS OF YOUR GUITAR FAMILY!

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

Re: POST PICS OF YOUR GUITAR FAMILY!

Postby The Pup on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 pm

The Pup
Prince

Postby steveokla on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:40 am

This post has elicited an astounding array of guitars! I'm really enjoying seeing these, though my own little family these days his humbled. Thanks, everyone, for posting these.
steveokla
Baron

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Herr Pup, yer a sick, sick mann. :thumbsup:

I have to hide my collection in creative places about the house to maintain marital 'bliss". :lol:
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby The Pup on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:46 am

Baron Von Machinenmann wrote:Herr Pup, yer a sick, sick mann. :thumbsup:

I have to hide my collection in creative places about the house to maintain marital 'bliss". :lol:

My adoring wife thinks they're all pretty and even names the ones she likes the best!
The Pup
Prince

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 pm

In contrast to your most understanding other half, my wife has suggested that I do some anatomically impossible things with my gear from time to time! :lol:
ImageImageImage

Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Bigsbyman on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:52 pm

I like the collection of guitars hanging on the walls, shown above. Nice assortment of makes, models, pickups, and tones. Not much overlap there. That's the way I veiw collecting guitars, from a practical perspective. I like having different sounding guitars, not six versions of the same guitar. I do, however, have a pair of duplicates.
'64 JMI Vox AC30 with original alnico blues, '72 JMP 50-watt w/4x12 Greenbacks, '76 Lead & Bass combo (tan 25-watt Celestions), '76 Superlead with TV 4x12 (greenbacks), '78 2204 with Marshall 2x12 cab (Greenbacks), '78 Hylight DR504/SA4123, '79 Fawn 2204 50-watt w/matching Fawn 4x12 (tan 25-watt Celestions), 1970's Marshall 1982AP cabinet (black back 30-watt Celestions), Matchless D/C-30, Traynor, Garnet, Leslie, Bacino, Gibson, Fender, Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Trussart, Dano, Dobro

http://www.timcaseyandthemartyrs.com
Bigsbyman
Squire

Postby Pacafeliz on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Bigsbyman wrote:I like the collection of guitars hanging on the walls, shown above. Nice assortment of makes, models, pickups, and tones. Not much overlap there. That's the way I veiw collecting guitars, from a practical perspective. I like having different sounding guitars, not six versions of the same guitar. I do, however, have a pair of duplicates.

+1 yep
AMAZING collection of everything is amazing. :shock:
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Postby 57lpjr on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Here is the latest group shot;

Last edited by 57lpjr on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Nice smorgasbord! :cheers:
ImageImageImage

Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby 57lpjr on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:17 pm

BVM - can you get the pics to show up inside the post? I tried...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Luke,...use the for.,,,er,...image tags...... :P
ImageImageImage

Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby 57lpjr on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 pm

I did and all that showed up was the word "Image" - see below...

57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:29 pm

i had this same problem.

when you just have the album up, AND you've signed in, you should see drop down boxes under each photo. the second line of the drop downs have the direct link to your full sized image. click on it so it is highlighted, then click on edit/copy in your browser (or hit CTRL-C). this will copy the direct link you need to display the image.

at least it should. it doesn't always work and i suspect PB had a programmer that is messing with the code from time to time trying to fix something. if that doesn't work, then click on the image so it will be displayed instead of the entire album.

now "right mouse" button click on the image, and a drop down box will appear. select "view image" and you'll be taken to a full size direct link to your image. click on the browser address box so you can copy the address and paste that in between the {img} and {/img} tags and voilá you should see it when you hit preview.

hth, unit1

oh, and awesome collection of guitars. and displays. i have cats, and dogs, and we keep all doors and windows open 24/7 as weather permits, which makes guitars very dirty and dusty. it's a lifestyle choice. so i have to keep all my guitars in cases and all amps covered when not in use. i wish i could have mine displayed like pup, but i also live in SoCal, about 3 blocks away from the epicenter of the 1971 San Fernando Quake. so no pretty displays of easily damaged multi-thousand dollar guitars.

now if had WON that dang 360 million dollar lotto..... drats, curses...... foiled again..... :!:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 pm

57lpjr wrote:I did and all that showed up was the word "Image" - see below...

I fixed it, hit the "edit" tab and check how the hypertext is set up. :cheers:
ImageImageImage

Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby 57lpjr on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks!!!

57lpjr
Ampmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Guitars