A very cool hand exersize.

Tone isn't just in the gear, its in your fingers and your head

A very cool hand exersize.

Postby Roy Boltz on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:49 am

I've found a great way to develop more strength in my hands so that playing guitar will be effortless & your technique will be far more relaxed after just a few tries you will feel an amazing difference.

First I'll say, play accoustic for a while just for good measure as this will also make it even more noticeable, especially if you have trouble being relaxed when playing difficult passages.

What I do is shake out my hands & loosen them up real good & as with all exersize, is regarded as best practice.

I then take one hand at a time being opened up & while consentrating real hard, I will focus one one finger at a time & move the very tips of my fingers one at a time while being extremely focused not to even move the other fingers, not even the slightest.
It's not easy.

I will go from one finger to the next, & focus real hard to move just the very tips.
The very tips being the very first joint of the finger.
I then move to the next joint of each finger & bend the fingers at the second joint & so on all the while being very determined not to move the other fingers of your hand when focusing your thoughts on moving just the one finger at the first joint, one at a time.
All one finger at a time without moving the other fingers is the goal & doing each finger seperately.
Changing the joints after doing repeated movements on each finger as you go.

It will take some discapline, but it will indeed freak you out when you pick up your guitar after doing this for a while.
The first time you try it will reveal it's benefit.

Boltz
Roy Boltz
King

Re: A very cool hand exersize.

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:04 am

I thought for a minute that this was going to be an x rated thread...... :lol: :P
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Roy Boltz on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:18 am

:lol: :P :cheers:
Roy Boltz
King

Postby johnnyb on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:41 pm

I stumbled on this old thread and decided to try it. It really works. I am blown away, it almost gets rid of the 3 to 4 song warmup and it really makes your hands do what your brain is thinking. If you play a lot this exersize is great. Thanks.
John
johnnyb
Peasant

Postby Seby on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Hello old thread. =)

I read this about a year ago. and the exercise has been life changing...really! Especially when playing live when there's no way to warm up with a few songs first.
Seby
Certified

Return to Guitar Methods and Technique