1998 Fender USA American Deluxe Jazz V Bass * QUESTIONS

Safe haven for everything low-frequency. Bass players unite in this forum.

Re: 1998 Fender USA American Deluxe Jazz V Bass * QUESTIONS

Postby AllenElwood on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 am

1,2,3 dont know dont know dont know

But....

Even though music with the F clef is wHAcko to us that read the G clef, the darn thing is tuned the same as a regular guitar, just at an octave lower.

So if you know how to play guitar, you already know how to play bass. It's not like a violin, or a banjo with different tuning.

The difference comes in WHAT you play, now how, if you're playing by ear. I had a friend give me a bass guitar that was left by a renter that cleared out of town with a 4 month unpaid rent tab, and I'll be darned if I didn't pick it up in about 10 minutes. I still gave it away to another friend, 'cus that's just not my gig, and I have small hands, nuff said there.

So the lowest sting is still E followed upwards by A, D, G and (in the case of a five string) B

So duuuuuuude, tune it, play it, get them frets dirty!!!!

I also have a really nice Chandler lap steel from the same dude, but I'm keeping it as it looks great on the wall. :-)

Now SLIDE guitar. That's a different beast indeed. My kudos to those that have mastered that.
Allen Elwood-Blues
AllenElwood
Certified

Postby AllenElwood on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Ahora mi sabe! Oops.... wrong language. Now I understand!

Man I'm just totally out of the loop on that. Not even a clue. But I'd *love* to see some pictures!

(and I think these little guys want to see it too!)
Allen Elwood-Blues
AllenElwood
Certified

Postby AllenElwood on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey ToppScore,

I got them here: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php

But I saved them on my hard drive, and then uploaded them to a private folder on Photobucket.com, and then used the Img button to link to that so it'd show up on my post.

I made it a private folder, because I didn't want someone else suck-ing up my FREE bandwidth. Since it's free, it's limited.

And even though they supply the link to for you, they also ask for you to just make a copy so you don't suck up their bandwidth. And, well, what the heck I thought it was awful nice of them make such a nice selection of Smily faces, that I should follow that advice.

Photobucket is kind a weird tho, I have to click on the thumbnail image, then left mouse button click on top of image, then select View Image from the dropdown, and THEN you can copy the link in the browser address bar. Otherwise you get a 'could not resolve image size' error when you submit. I've tried using the addresses they supply and no work-o

But, if you just want this image, you can just left mouse button click on it, and then select Save Image from the dropdown and Voilá you got it.

You can call me ELWOOD !

What's really weird about this, is that I've always loved to play the blues. And WAY WAY before the movie came out I had a little song that I made up that I called Elwood Blues.

I heard the advertisement for the movie and got a bit ticked, but there's nothing I could do since they have that "any similarity to anyone alive or" bla bla bla thing they always put at the end of movies.

Elwood is derived from the expression, All Wood, so back in the eons past, my ancestors were carpenters that made All Wood stuff, and eventually that trans-muta-genated into Elwood.
Allen Elwood-Blues
AllenElwood
Certified

Postby AllenElwood on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Love to see a couple pictures of the Bass guitar!
Allen Elwood-Blues
AllenElwood
Certified

Return to Bass Talk