Gibson C/S '58 VOS Les Paul

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Gibson C/S '58 VOS Les Paul

Postby Strat59 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Just purchased a '58 Plain Top ( Tea Burst ) '58 VOS Les Paul. Having read many varying reviews of the Gibson C/S guitars and playing a '59 that was
less than inspiring a year back I had resisted. But a Lefty '58 arrived in my local dealers and it just felt right , nice 8.4lb , great neck , faultless fit and
finish and most of all it rang and sustained unplugged , the whole body / neck vibrating strongly (like an old one) .

All round a great guitar which is all I was after. I'm not into the Figured Top fetish , plain simple , very Jimmy Page looking '58ish

PRS etc can come and go , but the Gibson Look / Feel / Tone does it for me.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Re: Gibson C/S '58 VOS Les Paul

Postby Sonicdk on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:02 am

I found an equally nice 58' VOS LP the other day. Just didn't have the money to buy it, but its nice to know that they are out there, and since you just got one as well, that there are more than one.
Anyway, I guess finding a lefty that feels perfect is like winning the big prize, congrats!!
Sonicdk
Peasant

Postby Alsteen on Thu May 10, 2012 3:01 pm

There's a really nice one at Grayson's Tune Town in Montrose Ca for $3500 right now. So nice that I can't pick it up for fear of never letting go.
Nowhere is there warmth to be found among those afraid of losing their ground

Listen to some Bad Art?
Alsteen
Page

Postby dtw576 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 am

Congrats on bringing one home. I've had many a time in my life without a nice LP in the stable and always get a woody and big smile when I finally get another one, or two, in the house. Mine presently is an '09 R9 Iced Tea and like you, I'm not into major flame or quilt. Been there and done that and more subtle figuring with nice color always gets my attention first these days. Then that full body ringing and sustain. Gibson CS is making some nice guitars in the last decade and I hope they can keep it up. I'd love to see Brazilian boards again but any real mahogany and/or rosewood is probably already a present in these days of import restrictions.

I have a korina V, CS SG/LP, and ES355 but the R9 knocks them all out of the park when I need to just plug into my '71 1987 and play some good old rock.
dtw576
Prince

Return to Modern Guitars