New TASCAM M-2524

Recording systems, Software, Microphones, plugins, computers that work, the best ways to capture the sound. A good place to start figuring out that sound is here.

New TASCAM M-2524

Postby MichaelE on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

I finally found one of these in like new condition through a Craig's List ad from Virginia. I had been looking for one of these for months before I settles on another lesser brand. Well I sold that one and took it bending over, but I didn't care. I finally have the console I'd been wanting since the mid-90's and couldn't afford back then.

Everything works great, no noise on the pots or scratchy faders and everything is smooth. I like this EQ much better than the EQ on the other board. THe only thing missing is an EQ in/out switch. Wish it had that, but I can get along without it.

Now if my DA-88 would show up I might be able to get something done!

MichaelE
Page

Re: New TASCAM M-2524

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Beautiful board Mike, big fan of the older Tascam consoles! :cheers:

Here's a web pic of my M520, it's in storage until I get the garage/studio added this fall. :excited:

ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby MichaelE on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 pm

I saw a couple of M-520's both on e-Bay and Craig's List, but no one would ship. Bummer too as I think these are even nicer than the M-2524.
MichaelE
Page

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm

A very good friend picked this up for me in his travels, the guy couldn't/wouldn't ship and this mother is HEAVY! 8)

I didn't think it was a bad deal for $150, needed a bit of TLC, couple of finicky channels needed repair......these were around 4k (retail) in '84. :cheers:
ImageImageImage

Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby MichaelE on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 am

I remember seeing them and the rest of the TASCAM line for '83/'84 at World Wide Music in Raytown, Missouri. That was where I got started in this crazy hobby. Alas, the store has long been closed and turned into a liquor store or smoke shop. I sure miss those days of ogling all of this equipment back then.
MichaelE
Page

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:56 pm

So many of the good small shops are gone now ,there is still one mom and pop that I frequent but once she retires I'm afraid no one will step up to keep it going. It was here father's business and I've been going there since I was 16! 8)

I absolutely loathe GC and the like...... :evil:
ImageImageImage

Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby MichaelE on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:31 am

I've never been in a big-box music store. I guess the closest would have been Cousin Jed's Guitar Shed in KC. I think they closed too, and I'm not sure it was a big-box store, but it was a BIG store.

All of my shopping now is on the internet. THere is one small mom & pop shop about ten miles from here, but they carry very little, no recording gear, the odd Sm57 or -58 in the case, and Ibanez and and another brand of import electric. Used to be a Scandinavian brand not made in China. Nice place and nice owner but no inventory.
MichaelE
Page

Return to Recording Gear, Mics, Software and Techniques