Fender Custom Shop / Anything but Relic?

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Fender Custom Shop / Anything but Relic?

Postby Easto on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Just throwing this out...

Why aren't they doing more stuff that isn't relic'd? I don't know if they realize it but there are people like me who would entertain the idea of purchasing a new custom made guitar that was "New". It seems like the NOS models and choices are too few and far between.

It even looks like they've trademarked the term "Heavy Relic".
Easto
Certified

Re: Fender Custom Shop / Anything but Relic?

Postby Demo on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:11 am

I don't have a clue either, but they've become quite, over all disappointing.
I'm not from this planet.
Demo
Squire

Re: Fender Custom Shop / Anything but Relic?

Postby Mayhawk on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:34 pm

I agree..........nothing like good honest playing wear. Plus, you pay extra for the relic job. :POd:

I don't like those heavy relic things with what looks to be belt sander wear. :o

Having said that, I got a great deal on my Nocaster relic years ago (used) and it's a keeper. And I can tell the relic'ing from the wear I have put on it. :wink:

One nice thing about relic'ing.....there's no 'first ding anxiety.' On about every new guitar I have or have had, I can usually tell you when the first ding or scratch came.....and it would kill me when it happened. But with a relic, no problem, no remorse. Heck, my nocaster just stays out in a stand at home, not a case in sight. If it falls over or the kids scratch it, no problem. Of course, being a tele, I could probably drop it off my house with no harm done.
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Return to Modern Guitars