Jazzmaster project finished

Lets hear it from the pros, all things guitar by the hands of the trade. Great tips and if you like to build your own guitars, this is a place to find trade tips.

Jazzmaster project finished

Postby elda on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 am

I have finally finished the last of 3 guitar projects that I started in November. 8) This projected started with a AVRI Jazzmaster body and after intalling the pickups, shielding, pickguard, trem plate and electronics, I ordered a Jazzmaster neck from Warmoth and I couldn't be happier. The craftsmanship is A+++
Now its time to :jam:
Attachments
Jazzmasterthree.jpg
Jazzmastertwo.jpg
Jazzmasteroner.jpg
elda
Court Jester

Re: Jazzmaster project finished

Postby 57lpjr on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm

What kind of pickups did you use???
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby elda on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:17 am

I ended up going with AVRI Fender pickups. I was able to get the pickup, pickup cover, mounting screws, and the black spongy matierial that goes underneath all for about $55 each. On my previous JM I had auditioned Seymour Duncan, Antiquitties II and the Seymour Duncan Vintage JM pickups, and I think the AVRI Fender pu sounds just as good.
elda
Court Jester

Postby 57lpjr on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks for the reply and info!!!
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Return to The Guitar Builder Corner