Right from the horses mouth

Discuss the Mojave AmpWorks product line.

Right from the horses mouth

Postby plexi on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Mojave-228final.jpg
Blues Holding his custom built original spec Gold Sparkle Albert Lee model
FAQ question Page, question # 5

What is your current amplifier set up?

My constant search for true amp greatness has led me to Mojave amplification. I was originally approached by Mojave Amplification to do some sound clips for their line of amplifiers, After having a chance to play four different models of their product line (Plexi 45, Coyote, Scorpion and Sidewinder.... each one stellar in it's own right), I came to the conclusion that they were the best sounding modern amps that I had heard! What started as a work for hire turned into an endorsement situation based solely on the merit of their product. I really feel that the Mojave product stands out from the pack. I found it refreshing to finally play on a non-master volume amp that gave me that shade of "old school" classic tone with just the right amount of that newer "edge" that you need in order for it to compete with what is going on in music today. After getting familiar with the Mojave product line, I settled on the "Sidewinder" model as my personal first choice. It's a 4xEL 84 power section, around 30 watts.... I tend to favor the sound of cranked up power section over the typical fizzy pre amp sound that a lot of players go for, so the Sidewinder suited my requirements perfectly. Another added bonus was that the Mojave responded well to having fuzz/fizz and boost pedals driving its front end. Recording the Mojave amplifiers was a pleasure. I have posted the mp3's on my Gear page so that you can give them a listen for yourself

Mojave-198final.jpg
Blues & his custom Made Ernie Ball Music Man Guitar
plexi
Site Admin

Re: Right from the horses mouth

Postby Strat59 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:14 am

:thumbsup: Can't argue with that assessment . A mate has a huge inventory of vintage
and modern boutique amps for his commercial studio. Divided by 13, Mesa , 65Amps,
Wizard to name a few. The Mojave 45 , Coyote , and looking to get a Sidewinder, are
his stand out Favorites .
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Bleuz me on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:11 am

Don't try this at home w/ your Les Paul !!

Ok... so he has it laying on something supporting it.

Always really liked BS... from the time he was 17 playing with Bruce and Baker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yNpuIJT31o

And of course... Tommy Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nzpVdU1J4
Bleuz me
Baron

Postby phlizmo on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 pm

AHHHH! I want one.. Thinking of selling my MAZ 18 and getting a Coyote or a Sidewinder..... :jam:
phlizmo
Baron

Postby madjackhatter on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 pm

What made me find this site some years back was seeing a guy playing through a Sidewinder, it was Holy Grail tone. As soon as my kids (all 4 of them) stop draining my bank acct, I will by one Vic! :wink:
Recordings from Kerosene Highway and Madjackhatter here...
https://soundcloud.com/kerosene-highway
madjackhatter
Mad Baron

Return to Mojave AmpWorks