Modern dreadnought acoustics with fat necks?

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Modern dreadnought acoustics with fat necks?

Postby chupy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 am

Anyone make'em with a nice round fat neck with a 1.650 nut width, with Dunlop 6100's? I can find tons of vintage Martins, Gibsons and Harmonys with fat necks. But can never find anything new with a fat neck.

Thank you
chupy

Re: Modern dreadnought acoustics with fat necks?

Postby jonathan horne on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:00 am

The Martin HD-28V and the HD-18V have 1 11/16 (1.685) neck witdhs at the nut. They are in current production. Great guitars.
jonathan horne
Certified

Postby gemmill on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:12 pm

i'd try to find an old guild... they smoke (imo) old gibsons and martins, and are frequently cheaper than new gibsons and martins.
new acoustics always sound real plunky to me.
gemmill
Knight

Postby martin on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Just going through old posts...Chupy I bet you can find a Martin D28 LSV from the early 2000's with a 1 3/4 wide neck reasonable. I guarantee a Guild will not smoke that! I think the D18 GE has that width neck also.
martin
Squire

Postby Quig on Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Well, this is probably a bit late, but Takamine Bluegrass models (they have BG at the end of the model number) are supposed to have fat necks - at least, in a review in a magazine I read the reviewer was constantly saying variations of: "if you can live with such a chunky neck, it's really good" Seems they're all 45 mm, though, so a bit wider than you want.
"If one man can show this much hate, think of how much love we can show together."

-Quote of a norwegian teenager from Utoya in an interview with CNN
Quig
Page

Return to Modern Guitars