Sympathy for the Devil LEAD SOUND??

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Postby MKII on Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:56 am

Necrovore wrote:
Is that your Vox Supreme myspace page? That amp sounds just lovely and must get one now. I bet the are outrageously expensive.

Yes it is!

These amps have been selling anywhere between 300 - 500 pounds, I got my supreme head including the footswitch for 350 or there abouts. 8)
MKII
Squire

Postby electricskychurch on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:29 pm

if you talk about the studio solo take, i would say it's the fuzz tone FZ1 or FZ1A pedal with a les paul or sg but if you talk about get yer ya ya's live tone, i would say mick taylor used his SG and a fender amp (could be a marshall or something else though but i don't think it's a vox)

maybe you can see what amp mick taylor used at the hyde park live for the death of brian johns (i thik i remember he used the SG guitar)
electricskychurch
Certified

Postby MKII on Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Beggars Banquet version : Keith on guitar, most likely his les paul custom, but possibly a non reverse firebird in to a Vox Supreme.

sympathy - Hyde Park: Keith used a flying V, Mick Taylor his SG, both plugged in to in to Hiwatt 200 watters! :shock:

sympathy - 69 USA tour: Keith played his clear plastic ampeg guitar, MT used his SG, both were plugged in to ampeg amps
MKII
Squire

Re: Sympathy for the Devil LEAD SOUND??

Postby sunnysal on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:23 pm

settled IMHO in this clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuIXv67lcR4
keef played it on his black LP, bridge position. T
sunnysal
Peasant

Previous

Return to Signature Tones