UPS Lost my Marshall I Shipped.....And they SCREWED ME!

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: UPS Lost my Marshall I Shipped.....And they SCREWED ME!

Postby Mayhawk on Tue May 31, 2005 12:04 am

How can a buisness like that continue to chump people?

What, are you kidding me? For some people, this IS the American way. Sadly, sadly....
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby retrospex on Tue May 31, 2005 1:08 am

I can't believe you haven't hurt someone yet. Just having to sell the amp must have hurt and then it being lost on top of it. Some dirt wad is happy with a free great amp.
retrospex
Certified

Postby Hotfreaks on Tue May 31, 2005 1:07 pm

I think the class action suit is actually a pretty good idea. Getting the media involved would be good as well. Maybe get a website going?
Hotfreaks
Knight

Postby velatones on Tue May 31, 2005 1:23 pm

What sort of reputation does DHL have over in the US & Canada? - I always use them for large items and have (touch wood) had no problems.

:cool:
velatones
Baron

Postby Hotfreaks on Tue May 31, 2005 1:23 pm

Hotfreaks
Knight

Postby Necrovore on Tue May 31, 2005 1:49 pm

Originally posted by Ian Anderson:
What sort of reputation does DHL have over in the US & Canada? - I always use them for large items and have (touch wood) had no problems.

:cool:
I have used DHL and other ground freight companies
in the past and not once have I EVER had ANY problems. Travel time might take a bit longer but your package ALWAYS arrives unharmed.
Boutique solder, directional cables aligned with global magnetic leylines, radionic mind-control boutique guitar pedals hooked into the HAARP arrays, rare-gas filled 4x12 cabs, guitar picks fashioned from the Roswell UFO crash debris and so on.

http://www.myspace.com/hodtheband
Necrovore
Page

Postby psychodave on Tue May 31, 2005 2:14 pm

Sorry for your loss.

I dont think you will ever get any money out of UPS. I also think that a lawyer will charge you too much to get involved. You have obviously spent many , many hours on this without any resolution....this would cost you $1,000's in lawyers fees. I personally think you should chalk it up as experience and move on....or fight it yourself.
I have a lot of stuff!
psychodave
Baron

Postby StevenEsqThree on Tue May 31, 2005 2:17 pm

Under insurance law, you have very powerful rights. Complicated issues arise as to which country's laws are applied but there are universal principles which require insurers to act in VERY good faith.

When an insurer breaches a contract of insurance, it is more than a mere breach. It is a tort (a higher form of injury) and subjects them to punitive damages, particularly if the conduct is intentional. In you furture dealings with either UPS or the insurance/bonding company, use the term "insurance bad faith" where ever you can.

$1,700 will be peanuts if the case gets beyond a simple demand letter. Get a lawyer involved if you can't get any further with the telephone clowns or writing.
StevenEsqThree
Knight

Postby mulder on Tue May 31, 2005 2:38 pm

If you haven't already done so, start a folder and document every correspondence, who you spoke to and when, any email correspondence, copies of the bill, etc. Be as specific as possible.

It's outrageous. Damage is one thing but when they loose you item, they've got to be held accountable. :mad:

Good Luck!
mulder
Baron

Postby Hotfreaks on Tue May 31, 2005 3:43 pm

Damage is one thing but when they loose you item, they've got to be held accountable.
Exactly. Insurance or no insurance....THEY lost the item while it was in their possesion. I can't believe they can get away with crap like this. :mad:
Hotfreaks
Knight

Postby drake on Tue May 31, 2005 3:51 pm

Check out the following conversation. UPS insurance may not actually be "insurance". Of course, as with all things internet...

UPS Insurance misleading?
drake
Certified

Postby Roy Boltz on Tue May 31, 2005 7:50 pm

That is an iteresting thread,,, "Insurance is not nessisarily insurance according to the terms & conditions of the carrier, just increased delared value".
What a bunch of legal bull$ite, they fool you into thinking your buying insurance, meanwhile all you're doing is putting a larger declared value on the package, & when it crosses the border, the poor bloke that bought the item from you ends up paying more duty & taxes, & for what? an item isn't even insured!!!!

Originally posted by Eliot Meldoy,,,,
What is so unbelievable is that those packages get zapped with their scanners from the moment they are recieved for shipment to the moment they are delivered, how in the hell can they lose something!
Because they are stolen, not lost, probably by an employee, plain & simple!

I hate UPS :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!
Roy Boltz
King

Postby guitar007 on Tue May 31, 2005 8:09 pm

‘Sorry to hear about your loss, SLED28 . I’ve had a similar experience with UPS. I don’t use them anymore. Good luck bro…don’t let ‘em get away with it.
~guitar007
guitar007
Squire

Postby 85db on Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:49 am

Originally posted by drake:
Check out the following conversation. UPS insurance may not actually be "insurance". Of course, as with all things internet...

UPS Insurance misleading?
Hey, this is a whole lot of useful information! The diversity of opinions and experiences is amazing -- "Never ship with UPS"... "I'll never ship with FedEx again", etc.

I believe that if the person whose Marshall was lost has a proof of purchasing the insurance he should take this to a small claims court. Those are great and they actually work. I know a few people who got their money back at the small claims court. In many instances when a business receives an invite from the court, they try to settle with the buyer immediately. It costs you only time to show up in court, it costs business good money to get a lawyer over there.
85db
Page

Postby art_z on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:08 am

speaking at someone who has spent 16 years working in corporate America, there are two words that make most companies dump in their pants these days: "class action".
just the thought that someone may bring such a suit, and the negative publicity it generates, is usually enough to make them rethink their stand.
art_z
Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge