Cocaine wins again

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Cocaine wins again

Postby Michael Patrick on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:32 pm

I just celebrated 13 years of being clean and sober. Best thing I ever did, don't regret it one bit.
The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down
Michael Patrick
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Postby Tube Tramp on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:36 pm

yes but mudshark look what it did to your appearance lol big head buck teeth large striped uniform.lives in a stadium.lol.........
Tube Tramp
King

Postby Michael Patrick on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Tube Tramp:
yes but mudshark look what it did to your appearance lol big head buck teeth large striped uniform.lives in a stadium.lol.........
It was the drugs that made me look like that. This is what I looked like before I did drugs:

;)
The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down
Michael Patrick
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Postby Tube Tramp on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:43 pm

kev you nailed the speed hop head to a t .evil is the word we used to call it.it is by far the most satanic drug known to man and there isnt one organic substance in it,. it produces the the sorriest people and whats more gives them this bs picture of self well being while their whole world burns down around them.last night as i mentioned in an earlier post they laid to rest a drummer named ray hernandez.ray drank himself to death at 45 .i got some calls last night round midnight from people asking why i didnt show up and play.well for one thing i have no one to tend to my 3 year old daughter for another they were all drunk.high ,hopped up and generally irratating .a hell of a way to honor someones death .to me they were just using his demise as an excuse to go out and get boiled on sunday night.......i quietly thought of ray and tried to remember if i had ever seen him sober .couldnt recollect.....so now im the bad guy........too bad..........tt
Tube Tramp
King

Postby dollshouse on Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:18 pm

Occasionally, when something is on my mind, I have periods of insomnia. So I get up, make myself a cup of tea and switch on the telly and watch whatever is on untill I feel tired.

Sometimes I watch the Open University which is broadcast during the night, so that students can record then watch them at a more convenient time. There really is some interesting stuff in these programmes. Anyhow, about five or six years ago there was a thing on about addiction, and how the pleasure receptors are triggered etc. This went on for about an hour and the upshot was that in the future addictions could be vaccinated against, meaning that you could take your chosen drug, be it alcohol through to heroin, and it would have no effect. They mentioned that the vaccines would be ready for trials in about two years time. This means that you could vaccinate a baby against a whole range of addictive substances.

Needless to say the Alcohol and Tobacco industry were against this, citing that it would be against a baby's "human rights" to be so treated.

For the past five (or six) years I have been waiting for an announcement of this breakthrough. Well it happened today courtesy of BBC radio 4 news. Trials have been done with a vaccine against cocaine addiction in America. The vaccine doesn't take away the craving, but it does take away any "pleasure." The craving diminishes with time.

Whether or not governments around the world allow this to happen remains to be seen. Cynical old me reckons that they are quite happy with the status quo.

I pray that it will happen, and do away with the living hell that addiction brings.

My heart goes out to anyone who is suffering.
Harry Saunders
dollshouse
Certified

Postby Painterman on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:01 pm

I'm currently riding on 2 months sobriety. I have come to the realization that these horrible hangovers and multiple days of alcohol poisoning and sickness are my body's way of telling me that I better quit drinking.... so I have.

It's not an easy task. Keep me in your prayers, please.

-Bobby
Sir Bobby Painterman - Knight of the Plexi Palace. (It only took me 8.5 years...)
Painterman
Knight

Postby LongLiveRock on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:07 pm

Best of luck with it man, be strong!
This is a thing called......"I'm Going Home"......by helicopter.....*10 minutes of pure guitar madness*
LongLiveRock
Baron

Postby Tainted on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:01 pm

Tube Tramp, From what I`ve seen with Meth it is the most evil stuff known to man, It is a big problem here, funny too that so many older people doing it. very wierd? The person I dealt with is a brother he is clean and thats great but the meth did something to em burned him pretty bad, it`s like the drug burned out the pleasure center in his brain he says nothing give him enjoyment anymore. Its really sad.
--------------------
Yeah well, Your reality may vary.
Tainted
Squire

Postby Tube Tramp on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:21 pm

that was me 4 years ago and it still hasnt come all the way back they say it will and im startin to believe it .but it is slo going at best....yes 100 percent concentrated evil.......the devils dandruff.......for certain.tt
Tube Tramp
King

Postby Tube Tramp on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:21 pm

that was me 4 years ago and it still hasnt come all the way back they say it will and im startin to believe it .but it is slo going at best....yes 100 percent concentrated evil.......the devils dandruff.......for certain.tt
Tube Tramp
King

Postby Tainted on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:32 pm

Painterman, and others that quit drinkin: I think I`m finally with ya got kinda tainted on sat night playing bass, I was still feelin low this morn, I think my brain and body has had enough too, I guess I`m gettin too old. Well that and my Wife is fed up, loading in gear buzzed at 3 in the morn. People callin all the time, practicing guitar and bass too much...and the list goes on.
--------------------
Yeah well, Your reality may vary.
Tainted
Squire

Postby Tube Tramp on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:11 am

painterman ! when i was trying to kick i went to acton rehab in acton california i did there 30 day spin cycle get off booze and dope at the waverly house there for recovering musicians lol indeed .i was in there with ike turner junior.actually a pretty nice fellow.we used to go to saturday night gutt check,gutt check is when these sober older black blues music people come in and reem out all the whining abusers.i gave them some feeble answers and they said, so you dont think your sick? why does that badge your wearin say patient on it.dont go back to booze it will destroy your dreams i will not utter this word here so we will use stars this is what they told me..........**** what your goin thru .lol it aint easy hang with people that dont drink dont go to bars unless your playin in em and never drink the first drink.my prayers are with you....tt
Tube Tramp
King

Postby 1959burst on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:23 am

i quit the hard stuff but still drink and smoke! ;) total sobriety is not for everyone. ;)
Musican/Luthier/Stringed Instrument Repairman/Resident Instigator http://www.myspace.com/greg1959burstwilson http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604305709
1959burst
King

Postby Guitar-Sam on Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:25 am

Very sorry to hear that.I've got freinds into that crap,they seem to have there **** together but you know what happens.
I've got family that have destroyed there lives with that ****,not good.
If nothing else in life I've stayed away from any hard drugs(coke crack etc...)Just a lil grass and some brews.I can easily see myself taking the first snort then a year later homeless and possesionless.I had a lil problem with drinking,and luckily caught myself befor I really did any major damage.for about a year and a half after I lost my last day job I was drinking every single day and getting obliviated.Usually drinking about 14-18 beers a night in like 5hrs then passing out.The worst point was when I was onstage with the shakes and couldn't play.I had gotten a gig I was after and to celibrate decided to down about a case of beer till 7am the night befor my normal gig. I literally screwed up every single song this one night.I blew my voice out and my throught blead from singing.
I would wake up shaking and sweating and was having terrible panick attacks all the time and also serious presure in my chest(all of which wouldn't go away till I had six or seven beers).I was getting more and more miserible to the point were I didn't want to leave my house anymore and I would break down and have to literally scream at the top of my lungs to relieve the pressure I was feeling in my chest.I evan put my main gig(the one I mentioned about)at risk by drinking and driving every night(I practice 70mi from home so I need my license).I was so miserible and I honestly didn't think it had that much of an effect on me at the time.One night I left the bar and broke down in tears and for a split second considered driving my car over a near by lake damn.There was a few times when me an a bro would drink and after getting trashed would wake up put on our shoes and head to the bar to start again.
Luckily I ended up in serious money situation were I could not afford to live let allone drink and after a lil sobriety figured out that all my problems were 10 fold,from my drinking.I still drink but atleast now I have a clue as to whats going on and I've cut down ALLOT.
Marshall 2554 25/50 Silver Jubilee 1x12
Marshall 4203 Artist 1x12 30W(FORSALE)
Marshall 1960AX 4x12
Park G25R SS 1x10 rehearsal combo
1979 Silver Anniversary Stratocaster
76-79' Epiphone Scroll SC450
Epiphone LP.jr
Guitar-Sam:Official voice of the Plexi Palace peanut gallery.
Guitar-Sam
Knight

Postby Painterman on Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:27 am

Agreed. Sobriety is NOT for everyone. I have quit drinking because the hangovers and alcohol poisoning was the norm for a "normal" night out in the bar. I need to detoxify my liver. I think I will quit drinking forever... I don't "crave" it. I just chose to stop it. I can count my blessings that I'm not additcted to it. I really hope that I haven't done too much damage to myself over the last 15 or so years of getting smashed a few nights a week.

I pray for those of you who fight the demons of booze and drugs, and mourn those who have succumbed to those demons.
Sir Bobby Painterman - Knight of the Plexi Palace. (It only took me 8.5 years...)
Painterman
Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge