Cocaine wins again

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Cocaine wins again

Postby drewl on Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:12 pm

So is tobacco, coffee, and all the old people ever scream about is "gimme my drugs".......well there are plenty of people who want their drugs.......supply and demand...
drewl
Prince

Postby TubeGetter on Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:45 pm

...and drewl loves his hydrocodone. :D
TubeGetter
Emperor

Postby drewl on Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:06 pm

What you got the hiccups or just the shakes?
sure i love it,you make it seem like that's bad or something. legal drugs are the best....I also realize you can't take any drug too often, kinda like Big Macs....sure they taste good, but you can't eat em all the time....they'll kill you just the same.
hey, that's what we can do....60% of americans are overweight, why don't we just shoot them?

Seriously, some people have addictive personalities and can't quit...they need help, not to be shot..or you could go to the root of the problem and stop smuggling into this country.
drewl
Prince

Postby Tainted on Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:48 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend Kev, I`ve personally seen a bunch of people go down that bad road. Cocaine frightend me when I was young I saw first hand friends in high school try it a few times and it was no big deal they said. Next thing you know thats all they talk about, goin to a party, gotta get some. The things we shared in common, dissapeared and I just left the friendship because there was nothing in common. No fun stuff to do together anymore. I really did`nt care they were using it, just why has it become your life? I could never understand. I tried it once in 1985 it was ok, ;)
--------------------
Yeah well, Your reality may vary.
Tainted
Squire

Postby Mrhiwatt on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:27 am

Prayers will go out to all of you. Im no stranger to any of this stuff either. I do think one of the largest factors for addiction is that most people dont know how vunerable they really are.

"Thats not gonna happen to me" seems to be the numero uno pre-requisite for about any addiction.
Get a half life - - Einstien
Mrhiwatt
April Fool

Postby TubeGetter on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:55 am

Originally posted by drewl:
What you got the hiccups or just the shakes?
sure i love it,you make it seem like that's bad or something. legal drugs are the best....I also realize you can't take any drug too often, kinda like Big Macs....sure they taste good, but you can't eat em all the time....they'll kill you just the same.
hey, that's what we can do....60% of americans are overweight, why don't we just shoot them?

Seriously, some people have addictive personalities and can't quit...they need help, not to be shot..or you could go to the root of the problem and stop smuggling into this country.
I'm just messin' with you. :)

Actually for the record, it ain't a legal drug without a legitimate RX. But that's just being technical. In reality, drugs are everyhwere in different forms.....some socially acceptable, some not so much. The main thing is to not hurt yourself, whether it's legal or illegal. That's really the bottom line.

I take them for my peripheral neuropathy from Lyme, but not as much as I'm getting better. Yeah, I enjoy the buzz part of it along with the pain reduction, but I also have to live through the terrible withdrawal from time to time. I would much, much prefer to live without it and hopefully soon.
TubeGetter
Emperor

Postby lewis on Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:54 pm

Eye opening stories, thanks for sharing.
lewis
Court Jester

Postby ampman72 on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:08 pm

This hits close to home guys. :( I see this crap around me all the time and I am thankful that I buy gear instead of coke. What a waste of money. A friend of mine lets his old man keep his paychecks and gets 20 dollars a day bugeted to him. This is so he won't blow his whole check on an eight ball every week.
ampman72
Baron

Postby Tainted on Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:55 am

I pulled a muscle in my back along the spine and my whole back was spasm. My doctor gave me vicodin and muscle relaxers they really worked great but I spent a week on the couch I could hardly move. That probably is the most powerfull drugs Ive ever done. The pain was so terrible I had to crawl to the bathroom on my hands and knees. The drugs helped me but I would not call them recreational at all.
--------------------
Yeah well, Your reality may vary.
Tainted
Squire

Postby ranger on Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:16 am

Originally posted by TubeGetter:
...and drewl loves his hydrocodone. :D
I'm presently taking some percocet. I'm not saying I'm hooked on the stuff, but I don't exactly complain when I get a dressing change/wound packing and have to take one to take the edge off.
Self-Pity. I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen
dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. DH Lawrence
ranger
Squire

Postby Derwood on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:15 am

They gave me one percoset after my hernia operation. Within 20 minutes I thought I was gonna die. My blood pressure went down to 90/40, and I was terribly nauseous. Luckily they gave me something to counteract that because it would not have been a good thing retching with the fresh stitches. :(
Derwood
Page

Postby Kevlar3000 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:42 pm

Originally posted by Tainted:
So sorry to hear about your friend Kev, I`ve personally seen a bunch of people go down that bad road. Cocaine frightend me when I was young I saw first hand friends in high school try it a few times and it was no big deal they said. Next thing you know thats all they talk about, goin to a party, gotta get some. The things we shared in common, dissapeared and I just left the friendship because there was nothing in common. No fun stuff to do together anymore. I really did`nt care they were using it, just why has it become your life? I could never understand. I tried it once in 1985 it was ok, ;)
I have a similiar path, my high school buddies started messing with heroin and guns and it was at that point I just had to split. I removed myself from my best friends cause it just got too dangerous. I have been chemical free since I was 19 which I am greatful for. It is one of things I really bonded with my now unconcious friend. Weird how things change... I never felt 10 feet tall and maybe that helped with my ability to quit. I did lots of acid and weed as a kid, drank too much, but never took the scary stuff.

It is funny as it is all I can do to avoid sugar ( I fail miserably), I know I couldn't quit the heavy stuff.
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

Postby Kevlar3000 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:44 pm

Originally posted by fierce_carrot:
it's sad to read threads like this....I'm 48...and how I made it this far is way beyond me....I tell people I used up all my luck when I was a kid drinking and doing drugs....and now I'm relying on skill to get me thru life...

I'm 6 years sober last month....and I hear echoes of DLR saying...

I walked to the edge
I stood and looked down
I saw alot of friends there
I don't have time to mess around...

those words are so friggin accurate for my life....too many old road warriors of mine have fallen to their demons....

will mankind ever learn?
6 Years!! Congrats on that one. I think you answered your mankind question right there.
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge