Clip of my 86 Laney Pro Tube 50

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Clip of my 86 Laney Pro Tube 50

Postby Kevlar3000 on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:26 am

I just got this amp as an early xmas present. At 220.00 bucks I couldn't resist. I LOVE THIS THING!!!! Running it dimed in the low gain input is a wonderful thing. It opens up just like a non master Marshall which I did not expect. Has a lot of bottom end similarities to my Carlsbro. Very lush bass response. I have been messing for 3 days with this thing and now regard it as one of my best amp scores to date. I like the high gain input, but the low gain input is heaven for me. This amp needs nothing... I am useing a set of the beloved :D G1270s 1978 or so. I am starting to like higher watt speakers again and loaded one cab with high and the other cab with some vintage Alnicos.

The toneful and talented High Order pickup is used on this one. The Mass is set to 5. Laneylicous
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

Re: Clip of my 86 Laney Pro Tube 50

Postby Met_K on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:40 am

She does sound sweet, don't she? Rockin' little tone you have there... gotta love the shattering distortion. So cool. ;)
Closed for Inventory
Met_K
Knight

Postby Kevlar3000 on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:34 pm

Originally posted by Bryce Prewitt:
She does sound sweet, don't she? Rockin' little tone you have there... gotta love the shattering distortion. So cool. ;)
This one was very clean, clearly had been closeted for a while. Lots of dust. I fired her up and just had no clue how cool these things are. This is the 6 knob version, which do you have? Also I see in your pic you have a newer Laney. Are these as cool? Are they voiced closely? Anyway, I am very happy with the score...
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

Postby Charmless on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Would love to know what mods you did! I have one on the way, and am interested in getting it to sound like my Carlsbro TR60, as you'd mentioned yours sounds similar to.
Charmless
Certified

Return to Signature Tones