Pat Travers Rig ?????

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Re: Pat Travers Rig ?????

Postby Woody on Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:42 pm

Hi NoelH,

What band were you in at that time?
Woody

"More Marshall's"
Woody
Prince

Location: SFO MCO BOS YEG LAX WAS SEA MUC LAS CPR YVR SMF ATL DFW BIL ANC MIA ACV GEG SJC YYC SJD MFR RNO DEN

Postby HighOrder on Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:09 pm

Originally posted by lewis:
Pat Travers album reccomendations? I must confess I've always loved that "Boom Boom" single. Pat Thrall?
"Heat In The Street" ... ooooooohhhhh yeeeeaaaaaa. :D
ImageStrength and honor.
HighOrder
Baron

Postby Noel on Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:01 pm

Woody:
I think the band I was in at that time was Broadway Liez. We were playing all the clubs: ON Broadway/Mab, Puma's (don't think that was what it was called then), Pony Express, Niles, Keystones (we pretty much lived at the Keystone PA; lead singer was friend of the Coronas, Italian kid from Jersey, y'know). We were around during the mid-'80s. 'Bout the same time as some bands like HeadOn, Mad Anthony, Kidd Blue, StreetLyfe. It was the '80s: Big Hair, Tapping, etc. Lot of fun, I must say! Had a few A&R folks look at us. But I left about that time ('87)because I didn't feel right about scene surrounding the band. Didn't feel right morally. Sidebar: I've been going to a Sunday night Jam Nite in Redwood City, and the bartender is one of the gals from Keystone PA. Small World.
NoelH
1976 Ibanez Destroyer with routed Floyd Rose
2009 Carvin CS6C (Floyd Rose)
1974 Gibson LP Special 55
1987 Laney Pro Tube 30 Wt Head
1986 Keith Reinneger Reinowatt 50 (hot rodded 2204 Circuit)
1974 Orange 4x12 with 2 Weber Silver Bells and 2 Weber-reconed H30 55hz
Noel
Knight

Postby supershifter2 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 am

I saw the PT Band at the Coconut Teaser in Hollywood Ca. in the early 90's. Pat and Jerry Riggs were using Fender Twins. I dont remember what bass amp Mars was using. This was during the time when Kevin Neal was the drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WNJwUavZpo
supershifter2
Peasant

Previous

Return to Signature Tones