member asking for help in getting reconnected

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

member asking for help in getting reconnected

Postby R.G. on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 am

I correspond frequently with a fellow who is a member here. He asked for my help getting reconnected to the board.

He has been off servicing the rest of life's demands for a while, and found that his password no longer worked, best he can tell, and that he has tried getting a new password sent, twice. Each time, this resulted in the message that the logon or password was incorrect. The board has his email, as he was sent new passwords, but they did not work for him when he tried them.

I don't think he's violated any forum rules, and he says he has not been told so if he did, nor know what might possibly have tripped that, even if it is what is hanging him up. He's mystified.

So who do I contact to ask about getting him reconnected to the board? Can admins do it?
Best regards,

R.G.
R.G.
Knight

Re: member asking for help in getting reconnected

Postby Vortexion on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:39 pm

This might sound daft, but I think it's worth mentioning: is it possible that, when attempting to log in with a new password, he's been slightly mis-typing his username?

Also, has he tried clearing out his browser cache and plexi-palace cookies? That might have some impact on things.

Good luck to him, whoever he is. :thumbsup:
Vortexion
Newt

Postby R.G. on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:19 am

Good suggestions. I've sometimes done stuff like that before, too. I'll see if I can get him to go back and check that kind of thing. But he's not generally scattered like that.
Best regards,

R.G.
R.G.
Knight

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 am

Sorry for the delayed response RG, just getting back into the swing of things after recovering from two broken/lacerated fingers on my right hand. Bones are healed, PT is getting the tendons working again, slow process but I am grateful it wasn't worse. I will try to get him a new password later on this afternoon, can't "admin" here from work.

cheers, -BVM
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby pckpat on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Geez Baron- that sounds quite scary. Glad to hear it wasn't worse and you are recovering.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Seby on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Baron Von Machinenmann wrote:Sorry for the delayed response RG, just getting back into the swing of things after recovering from two broken/lacerated fingers on my right hand. Bones are healed, PT is getting the tendons working again, slow process but I am grateful it wasn't worse. I will try to get him a new password later on this afternoon, can't "admin" here from work.

cheers, -BVM

Ow! What? Owwwww....
Seby
Certified

Return to Off-Topic Lounge