SNS amplifiers, Bournemouth

Burns, Selmer, WEM, and more

Re: SNS amplifiers, Bournemouth

Postby nickisrik on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:38 pm

bowls132 wrote:Just come acroos this thread, joined SNS in the mid 60's as Chief of Test Dept when we had a mere 10 employees (including directors) when the company closed the 851 Ringwood Rd, West Howe. Bmth factory in the mid to late 70's we had nearly 400 employees, the assets were transfered to the parent company Sounddiffusion Ltd Brighton by which time I had risen to the position of Company Chief Engineer, we had some very happy & exciting times in this 10yr period with new product development & expansion. After the Bmth factory closure I continued to commute to Brighton for a further 10yrs as Technical Executive during which time our product range continued to be manufactured.
There is probably little I do not know of the company history & its produst range & still have my Technical Portfolio, Manuals, Data & Drawings & a few PCB Assembly spares so if I can be of any assistance to anyone please let me know.

Regarding Slade, I still have a postcard fom one of their roadies Charlie dated Oct10 1973 sent to me during their USA Tour stating how good the gear looked & was performing very well & no problems.

My father worked for Sound Diffusion "Jeff Bullock" he brought me home a 125 watt sns amp and 2X12 cab it was so loud it shook the house, plant pots fell off window sills he joked the level meter was in the richter scale he also had a disco unit twin deck and slave amp used it for scouts discos
nickisrik
Peasant

Postby Decades_D on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:17 pm

I still have my 125 head in the replica casing that I built and also the 125 slave in its original casing. I still haven't had an opportunity to try either of them out at a live gig and I'm almost afraid to do as I remember how incredibly loud they were/are!! Perhaps one day I'll find a venue that needs the roof blown off.
I'm guessing you don't still have the amp, cab or disco unit?
Decades_D
Peasant

Postby nickisrik on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Decades_D wrote:I still have my 125 head in the replica casing that I built and also the 125 slave in its original casing. I still haven't had an opportunity to try either of them out at a live gig and I'm almost afraid to do as I remember how incredibly loud they were/are!! Perhaps one day I'll find a venue that needs the roof blown off.
I'm guessing you don't still have the amp, cab or disco unit?

No my dad gave it all away the amp was too heavy and loud for my bedroom guitar playing so he made me a 15 watt combo. Have got a VHT valve amp now, switches between 3 and 6 watts even that's really loud
nickisrik
Peasant

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous British Amplifiers