L60 cab - now with pics! - GOT IT NOW! (p.3)

20 Studio, 50+, 50PA, 50R, L100, B100, L120, L120PA, L120R, 120 SLAVE, B120, B150, L150, L200, B200, Concord, and SMF

Re: L60 cab - now with pics!

Postby Gooner01 on Sat May 13, 2017 10:53 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Gooner01 wrote:The old catalogues say that for the 2x12 there are ported funnels adjacent to each speaker to relieve pressure on the cone. Never seen one, so if anyone has a 2x12, any chance of a picture?

I will FINALLY have mine delivered to me tomorrow!!! The one from the OP, along with its Orange head... Yeah!!!

Nearly a year down the line, I expect to see at least some pictures or a short video :shock:
Gooner01
Peasant

Re: L60 cab - now with pics!

Postby Pacafeliz on Sun May 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Gooner01 wrote:
Pacafeliz wrote:
Gooner01 wrote:The old catalogues say that for the 2x12 there are ported funnels adjacent to each speaker to relieve pressure on the cone. Never seen one, so if anyone has a 2x12, any chance of a picture?

I will FINALLY have mine delivered to me tomorrow!!! The one from the OP, along with its Orange head... Yeah!!!

Nearly a year down the line, I expect to see at least some pictures or a short video :shock:

...a quick one!

i will be opening it up in a while to see what's in there, i only see 2 silver cones.
unexpectedly, it came with original covers (head and cab) from the original owner who had bought them new in the mid 70s!
OH I'M LOVING IT.
gosh my GF will KILL me now that she gets home... :oops:
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Re: L60 cab - now with pics! - GOT IT NOW! (p.3)

Postby Pacafeliz on Sun May 14, 2017 3:43 pm

oh wow... so it does have two Sound City Fane speakers... plus two December 1970 Celestion G12H speakers! This cab has been pimped, it seems. The celestions still have the price tags! pics coming up.
It sounds GOOD!!! :D
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Gooner01 on Mon May 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:oh wow... so it does have two Sound City Fane speakers... plus two December 1970 Celestion G12H speakers! This cab has been pimped, it seems. The celestions still have the price tags! pics coming up.

Do you think that they could be original? I have 2 2x15 Wem cabs containing a G15 and what I think is a Goodmans in each. No reason to think they are not original ( 6 ohms per speaker, 12 ohm cabs) but I'm no expert.
Gooner01
Peasant

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Gooner01 wrote:
Pacafeliz wrote:oh wow... so it does have two Sound City Fane speakers... plus two December 1970 Celestion G12H speakers! This cab has been pimped, it seems. The celestions still have the price tags! pics coming up.

Do you think that they could be original? I have 2 2x15 Wem cabs containing a G15 and what I think is a Goodmans in each. No reason to think they are not original ( 6 ohms per speaker, 12 ohm cabs) but I'm no expert.

nope, no way... the description and price tags are in german. i wonder if it came out of the factory as a 2x12 or 4x12. pics coming up now!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:31 pm

...is that "45" a serial number of some sorts?

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm

is the input original?

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:34 pm

i LOVE the silver grille!!!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 pm

original covers!!!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Papa Dog on Tue May 16, 2017 11:34 pm

thanks
that tells us a lot about the cabinet
DA era, so you have a time frame for when it was built
two replacement speakers, so you know it has been gigged at fairly high volume.
should sound "interesting" with that combo of speakers.

Congrats on your purchas
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby Vortexion on Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 am

Pacafeliz wrote:Image

...is that "45" a serial number of some sorts?

I'd suggest it's most likely a factory quality control mark, to identify which person(s) built the cab or who inspected/signed off on it.
Vortexion
Newt

Postby Gooner01 on Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Time to provide us with some sound, maybe?
Gooner01
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Sound City