Mystery guitar

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Mystery guitar

Postby Seby on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Scroll down to the third pic....

http://boredomtherapy.com/abandoned-hou ... 9116659347

What the hell is in that case?!

Anyone in Canada want to go find out? : )
Seby
Certified

Re: Mystery guitar

Postby pckpat on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:31 am

Seems like a bunch of bs copy that was dreamed up by some bored writer (as indicated by the name in the URL bar)- so it's a Canadian site apparently?
Oh yeah, right - so the dining room table was all set, ready for dinner guests....and the lights in the bathroom came right on after being deserted for decades ? Ooohh-spooky :yeah_right: ...Hmmm, then why was a large section of the living room ceiling above the bay window completely broken through by raccoons walking above ? - and all the plaster lying on the floor (cleaned up in a later pic)-but then on one of the following pages he stated that the top of the vanity was the most cluttered part of the house? Don't think I'd want to snoop around too much, with all the raccoon, and who knows what other critters's feces and urine that must have been accumulated.
The outside of the house does remind me of a newspaper photo I saw, maybe ten years ago, of the rural boyhood house of one of our old Prime Ministers, John Diefenbaker, who was leader from around 1958-63. He was mostly famous (infamous?) for scuttling the legendary (and massively expensive) Avro Arrow supersonic interceptor project/program.
The one picture on the wall (pine tree landscape) looked like a copy of one of Tom Thompson's works (or the Group of Seven painters with which he was closely associated). Thompson was born and lived (prior to WWI) in Owen Sound, a small city 100 miles north of Toronto, where my family moved to, while I was in high school. And that house that looks like the one I described earlier could well be common to that same area of Central Ontario.
Most of the appliances and the electronics look like a mix from the late fifties to the eighties, far as I can tell. That guitar case looks pretty cheap, like a fifties or sixties Stella, or Silvertone or perhaps a Harmony- although lots of old crappy cases like that have occasionally been known to give up vintage Martins and Gibsons too. :)
I guess only pseudo-detectives/history weirdos like me (and Seby?) would even care about anything like this. :mrgreen:
When I was younger, I used to like to go snooping and exploring (trespassing :P :old: ) through old deserted country houses and buildings ...never really found anything of any value more than barely, as far as I can recall.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Re: Mystery guitar

Postby Seby on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:19 am

Wait, my heart will break if this is a fake story. The romantic in me wants it to be true, and wants it a _lot_! :shock: If I lived anywhere near there, I would go looking for it. I just have to know....
Seby
Certified

Return to Off-Topic Lounge