...well i bought a Concorde!

20 Studio, 50+, 50PA, 50R, L100, B100, L120, L120PA, L120R, 120 SLAVE, B120, B150, L150, L200, B200, Concord, and SMF

...well i bought a Concorde!

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:09 am

...i really didn't plan or expect this!
i saw this all original, pretty clean Concorde on the german eBay, starting price of 350 Euro, BIN of 499. It called my attention as usually they are offered/sold more close to 600-800 Euro.
Yesterday after work i decided to check it out once more whilst waiting for the train. Unexpectedly, there were only 2 minutes left, no bids.
So i thought what the hell and bid on it... and won! 350, and it looks like it has the original SC-branded Fanes and all!

It should be here early next week, and i'm SO excited... only worried what my GF will say - our apartment here in Cologne is pretty small, and i have no gear room. The old Twin and the 50Plus are here. I still have to go pick up the B100... and the Orange OR120 with the Sound City 4x12... oh man. :shock:

Merry Christmas to me, then! I've been a good boy all year! :yeah_right:

It's this one here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sound-City-Combo ... true&rt=nc

He mentions it needs new preamp tubes, but i have a drawer full of 'em here...

Stay tuned!

Pat. :D
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Re: ...well i bought a Concorde!

Postby gigant0r on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:29 am

Hey Pat, just show her one of your earlier music rooms and tell her how much you've improved :D

looks like a fun amp! btw, how's Germany in compare to Mexico?
gigant0r
Baron

Postby Gooner01 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:36 am

You keep on picking up real bargains 8) The control panel looks in good nick, they normally suffer the most for wear.
You've managed to gather together a nice selection of quality gear. :rawk:
Gooner01
Peasant

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am

Thanks guys!
With the 1/2 power switch I think/hope I'll finally have an "apartment" amp now...

I'm absolutely LOVING (living in) Germany! Been here for almost 8 months now, got an amazing (good paying, too!) job here, a nice apartment in a nice part of a fantastic city.
Now, of course, winter's coming - haven't had that in +20 years since I left Switzerland. In fact, I stayed at home today cuz my throat is aching quite a bit... but even so, I'm excited to live thru the 4 seasons! In Mexico it was just pretty much always nice and warm, somehow.
The food is unbelievable, the people are nice... but I need to get out more, to meet more new people. I REALLY REALLY want to get back in a band - SOON! Back onstage HELL YEAH!

Then, I've bought about half a dozen of weird old german guitars (Framus, Musima), most of which I'll be selling again. Only keep the good stuff... I don't wanna go back to my "collect 'em all" phase - that most of you have witnessed. :oops:

Other than my daughter and the occasional tequila, I miss pretty much nothing from Mexico - so far. But I remember it with lots of emotions. It was some good, bad, painful and happy times of my life... I mean, 17 years IS quite something!

Pat.
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:54 pm

:highfive:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby gigant0r on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:Thanks guys!
I'm absolutely LOVING (living in) Germany!
Pat.

Really glad to hear that, it was quite a big change! And 4 seasons can be fun..sometimes. Winter is coming.. :D

rock on!
gigant0r
Baron

Postby sound city 69 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Nice find!
sound city 69
Certified

Postby Pacafeliz on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:27 pm

GOT IT and LOVE it!!! ...but it needs a recap soon, i guess.
it can do very comfortable living room volume, and roaring loud - enough for pretty much any live situation.

tubes are all Mullards, speakers are Fane, it's 100% original and unmolested.

Merry Christmas to me!!! :D

Pacafeliz
King

Postby gigant0r on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:12 pm

NIce to hear that, enjoy! :mrgreen:
gigant0r
Baron

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:53 pm

it is a german "custom" to attach a sticker of the music store that sold it. i bought it from the original owner in Kassel, who had it for all these years, since new!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

this one doesn't "look" like a Partridge (?) cuz it doesn't have the "wings/ears"... but a Partridge sticker on it.

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 pm

can somebody date the tubes? Mullards they are...

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Shock And Awe on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:07 am

Awesome
Shock And Awe
Page

Postby bloodspoint on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:06 am

That is a super clean Concord. I've had one for about 35 years. Nowhere near as clean, but they are great amps. As you have discovered by now, the 1/2 switch just changes it from really loud to stupidly loud.
I just picked up a 50 Plus today, my second SC. I really love these amps.
Bloodspoint Studio
"This is our concern, Dude..."
bloodspoint
Court Jester

Return to Sound City