Guitar stand?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Guitar stand?

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Morning, people. I'm about to take a gig with an excellent blues band. I'm gonna need three guitars--One acoustic-electric, a Strat (or Tele), and a humbucking guitar--probably a Les Paul.

So I need a stand that'll hold three guitars. I don't have room for three Hercules 1-guitar stands. Any suggestions?

Thanx!
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Re: Guitar stand?

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:03 am

Hey Congrats!

BREAK A LEG!!! :mrgreen:

Well Hercules makes 3 guitar stands too

The rack $82
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hercules-Stands ... SwNRdX~mvm

The stand $102
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hercules-Stands ... SwjVVVxR5K
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:17 am

Nice rack! :shock:

I'll call my guy at Sweetwater in the morning.

Thanks!
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Postby Anna79 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 am

Congrats man! I wish you nothing but the best.

Unit_1 Hercules stand is superb. It will be good for you, I've seen it and it is great. The rack is also very solid. It's not cheap but it's worth it, you will not regret it.
Anna79
Peasant

Postby pckpat on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:24 am

I've got a couple of those Hercules 3 on-the-tree stands. Very well built (of course with a name like Hercules)-although somehow in the last few years the little locking arms on the one guitar hanger part got disabled.Must have been at one of our alcohol-fueled jams, where occasionally the spectators try to get involved. I didn't see it happen, or might just have grabbed some doofus. One time a drunken buffoon (I think it was our singer) got their foot tangled in a cord) knocked over a single-guitar stand, with one of my guitars on it. Thank God it was a Strat- and not one of the Les Paul's or an SG. Only put the high e out of tune a couple of cents.
But yeah, those 3-guitar tripod ones are very sturdy. Looks like they've gone up a little in the last couple years...I got mine on sale for I think $80 or $85 Can., which these days is approx.$5 US. :lol:
Best wishes for the new gig.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Anje on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:49 pm

I've had a couple of those 3 guitar stands by Hercules for years, they are great and really recommend them. :thumbsup:
http://geoffroy-marcus.com/: supporting new French Electro Jazz-pop album from a good friend - great authentic Hammond, Rhodes, Moog... tones with old school funk-bluesy-rock fusion flavors.
Anje
Knight

Location: Dark Side Of The Moon (Somewhere between SC and Krakow..)

Postby Seby on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:18 am

Hey awesome!

Have you gigged yet? If so, then how did it go?
Seby
Certified

Return to Off-Topic Lounge