Guitar Idol 2016, ever hear of this?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Guitar Idol 2016, ever hear of this?

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Maybe it's a EU thing, but I haven't even heard of this show until just a day ago.

Anyway, there's this guy from Spain that puts on an IMPRESSIVE performance of a latin jazz rock fusion that I found to be very creative, and fun to listen too.

Diego Godoy's "Back Home"

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: Guitar Idol 2016, ever hear of this?

Postby sitedrifter on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:30 am

I am surprised not to see every damn guitar manufacturer supporting this program. PRS and Ibanez do so props to them!
sitedrifter
Peasant

Postby CharlesMurphy53 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 am

Yeah I am watching this show on a regular basis, it is great. The guy from your video was amazing. This was probably the best performance in the Guitar Idol 2016, so far.
CharlesMurphy53
Peasant

Postby Seby on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 am

AHHHH!

How?! How did I not know about this?! :shock:
Seby
Certified

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:51 pm

CharlesMurphy53 wrote:Yeah I am watching this show on a regular basis, it is great. The guy from your video was amazing. This was probably the best performance in the Guitar Idol 2016, so far.

And a really nice guy too. I talked with him on FB and asked if he could email me the MP3 of his song so I could add it to my iTunes library. And he did! And was happy to do so.

***Nice***
:jam:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Seby wrote:AHHHH!

How?! How did I not know about this?! :shock:

DITTO!

Maybe it's because I fast forward through all the commercials, and only watch SciFi and a smattering of cooking shows (very few meet my criteria for "educationally entertaining") :mrgreen:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Seby on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:44 pm

My God. It has been going on for years.

Guess who will not be getting any work done over the next week or so : )
Seby
Certified

Return to Off-Topic Lounge