Where do you buy your tubes?

How can you get a great tone without a good understanding of what makes your amp tick? — EL34, EL84, 6L6, KT66, KT88, 12AX7, 12AT7, 12AU7, EF86, Output Transformers, Power Transformers, Capacitors, Resistors and everything else that it takes to make a tube amp sing!

Where do you buy your tubes?

Postby Crisp on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 pm

I used to frequent Tubetramp and his services. I do not know if he is still around. Been playing more than ever lately on a couple Brown Princetons. These two guys need some new spark plugs.

Any advice? It has been awhile.

-Crisp
Sorry for your problems. There will always be problems.
Crisp
Squire

Re: Where do you buy your tubes?

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:34 pm

One of our members in the from Czech Rep has sold tubes to many other members. He's LUC.key see at the bottom of this thread where he's discussing selling tubes to Clanger:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=103324&start=225
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby OldSchoolDave on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Crisp wrote:Been playing more than ever lately on a couple Brown Princetons. These two guys need some new spark plugs.

I did some major stocking up a few years back and haven't purchased tubes in awhile. That said, I have received stellar service from LUC.key (as Unit_1 mentioned, though I haven't seen him post in quite awhile).

In any case, your brown Princetons' needs are not extremely exotic. A quick scan of ebay revealed NIB/NOS 6V6's and 5YG3T's at still reasonable prices. That just leaves 7025/12AX7 on the shopping list. The sky is the limit on those, unfortunately :( .

If I were shopping new production, I'd take a look at these: https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/7 ... m-selected

Dave

EDIT: just viewed UNIT_1's link and saw that LUC.key has been hanging around the Lounge...
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...
http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
OldSchoolDave
Prince

Postby Gooch on Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:12 pm

I have plenty of 6V6, 12AX7, and 5Y3 tubes available. Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular.
Dying ain't much of a living.
Gooch
Baron

Postby Crisp on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:39 am

Thanks guys. Will be in touch with Luc or the Gooch in the very near future.

I just got back from looking at tubes on ebay. :ick:

I need to take a shower.

All the best,
Steve
Sorry for your problems. There will always be problems.
Crisp
Squire

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:04 pm

with eBay you have to set up a search, and then save it and have it email you the new results everyday. Good deals come along, like every blue moon. Got these for a grand total of $130 free shipping no taxes. New, unused matched quad of =C= KT88 AND 3 x 12ax7 from the original factory. I've seen the KT88 go for $200 a pair!!!

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to Tubes, Transformers and Components