Do You Remember When..

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Do You Remember When..

Postby Jamie on Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 pm

You were 13 and it was soo cool to learn little black egg. Then there was this kid down the street..;)

Jamie
Baron

Re: Do You Remember When..

Postby Dai on Wed May 25, 2016 3:31 am

well he's playing a Marshall Class 5 which won't have any mustard caps, so the tone can't possibly be any good... (kidding of course! :mrgreen: Thanks for the link. :rawk: :rawk: ).
Dai
Baron

Postby Jamie on Wed May 25, 2016 1:50 pm

It's insane how good some these kids have these days. Not a fan of shred at all here but this kid didn't miss a lick.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Dai on Thu May 26, 2016 8:33 pm

it kind of made me think how mind-blowing it must have been to see actual Ed back in the late 70s.

Not to take away from this talented young guy's playing skills, but I think originating the licks was vastly more monumental than copying though it is nice to hear covers that are very well played and emulate the expressiveness of the original.
Dai
Baron

Postby phlizmo on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:15 am

Ive seen a lot of this kids videos.. his silly hammy mugging to the camera was a major turn off... Annoying, until last night when I watched a video that I recorded of me playing guitar at 18 (now 41).. I did the same thing, only, something was wrong with my guitar as it didn't sound as good as his.. If this kid gets it together, (learns to write original tunes) he's going places.. He's got the chops, the look, the show..

D
phlizmo
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Maybe, maybe not

The hardest thing in the world that you can do with a guitar?

Make money...
:old:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Unit_1 wrote:Maybe, maybe not

The hardest thing in the world that you can do with a guitar?

Make money...
:old:

Good point.. I'm amazed how these kids have grasped this craft.

Jamie
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge