Jimmy Pages RAH tone

The greatest names in guitar, the sounds that we all want and have chased for years. This is the central location for decoding the elusive signature sounds.

Jimmy Pages RAH tone

Postby russellhammond on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 am

Hay chaps,

I've been obsessed with RAH tone for a few years now and after MUCH messing around i'm half way there on a budget, I built my les paul, use a black dog humbucker in the bridge and pearly gate at the neck to get a kinda ramble on, light/shade affect and it work quite well, but when I've got some more cash I will buy the black dog neck pick up. Anyway i'm now playing a '73 sound city 50+ with a new NOS tone bender when I need it plus a few other not so Jimmy effects but the next big thing is speakers, i'm currently playing a black star mini cab just because my god father sold it to me cheap when I switched from combo the head. I hear rumors of Celestion green backs, Rolas or Fanes but can never get to the bottom of it all. I'm quite prepared to buy to splash out a bit on these as I plan on getting a REEVES custom jimmy at some point and it would be good to use the cab I will build with it too.

Many thanks, Russell
russellhammond
Peasant

Re: Jimmy Pages RAH tone

Postby phlizmo on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:22 am

Finally picking up a Two Notes Reload so I can run my Sound City 50 + in my apartment.. I plan on throwing this in front of it:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQp1WRXP8s[/youtube]
phlizmo
Baron

Re: Jimmy Pages RAH tone

Postby RickJL on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 am

Hiwatt amps and Marshall cabinets on that gig.
RickJL
Squire

Return to Signature Tones