Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Postby madstrat on Tue May 24, 2016 6:48 am

I need one of those t shirts, old man
madstrat
Knight

Postby Unit_1 on Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 am

Stinkfoot wrote:Are we there yet ?

yes
:jam:
:mrgreen:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Tazin on Sat May 28, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm an original member and still visit frequently. I remember when Vic started the board and even the very first post (made by Vic called 'Testing'). Back then you didn't have to register in order to post replys to topics or even create topics. Everyone who posted anonymously had the "Guest" label attached to their post. This was in 1997 I believe because I was still running Window 95 (Windows 98 had not come out yet). I also remember Vic spamming other BBS boards (DejaNews, AmpPage, WeberVst) regarding his site and folks were rather annoyed about it. Anyhow, by mid 1998 the board (version 2 I believe) started to take on a life of its own.
Tazin
Page

Postby jaywalker on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:40 am

My son arrived early to help me shuffle things in storage. We were trying to beat the heat. He's staring onto the morning sun. Anyway, the shirt reminded me of Tommy G who hasn't been around for a few years. Anyone got the scoop?

jaywalker
Baron

Postby madstrat on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:23 am

Very cool

I think I have one of there cds somewhere,

I know I have a Youngblood disc in the truck. Motivational Speaker is must have.

It's a shame the board has fallen, because there seems to be a resurgence in 4 hole amps .

Vic might not see it in his bank account, but I noticed a people gravitating back to old Marshalls.

What's old is new again.
madstrat
Knight

Postby davemccarthy707 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 am

I wonder whatever happened to Chupy?
"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an
enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
davemccarthy707
Baron

Postby MajorWatt on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:20 am

davemccarthy707 wrote:I wonder whatever happened to Chupy?

Yes.....The peanut butter eater...Last I recall, his neighborhood had gotten unlivable and he was moving....
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby phlizmo on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:09 am

I'm still alive.. not that anyone remembers.. :thumbsup:
phlizmo
Baron

Postby LUC.key on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:29 pm

It's been 10 years since I registered.. not sure if that makes me original :) I still visit here from time to time, but not much posting...
I miss Chupy and Kevi, but heres one for ye all :cheers:
LUC.key
Squire

Postby Clanger on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:13 pm

LUC.key wrote:It's been 10 years since I registered.. not sure if that makes me original :) I still visit here from time to time, but not much posting...
I miss Chupy and Kevi, but heres one for ye all :cheers:

Wow, Chupy and Kevi, wild times, I could never work out if KEvi wasfor real, but I think Chupy was. Both troubled souls but dam amusing in theit way. Was it KEvi that was always rolling a 4x12 past a chicks apartment when something happened? on fb you never get that kind of craziness of threads.

Hey LUC.key I think it was you I bought a bunch of EF86s off? they're going great anyway..
"Please feel free to copy this information and use it to make friends and influence people at your favourite social gathering" - Doyle
Clanger
Knight

Postby LUC.key on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Dat was Kevi, guitar player fer da world ... :D good old times
Glad to hear those EF86 are still rocking. Im still in the business btw :jam:
LUC.key
Squire

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:58 am

jaywalker wrote:My son arrived early to help me shuffle things in storage. We were trying to beat the heat. He's staring onto the morning sun. Anyway, the shirt reminded me of Tommy G who hasn't been around for a few years. Anyone got the scoop?

He's got a page on Waste-book. Doesn't Everybody?
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:21 pm

I am here occasionally, usually cruise the amp sites for info.

Yeah, and I miss Kevi, guitar player for the world, something like rolling his stack here and there and then pushing it off some balcony, etc.

Chupy was a funny guy, but caught some flak for his recordings I think, hurt feelings, tough neighborhood, etc.

I used to read all AC50's ramblings. I could relate as he was a gigger and not a tech by trade so I learned stuff vicariously through him.

Merry Christmas to all! :jam:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Anje on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Can't recall exactly for how long I've been there (I would have to look at next to my pseudo once this is posted :) ) and haven't had as much time on hand for the forums the last few years, but what I sure know is that's been one of the coolest place to hang out and learn for old nice gear and related stories :thumbsup:
May you have great Christmas time with all your dear ones :cheers:
http://geoffroy-marcus.com/: supporting new French Electro Jazz-pop album from a good friend - great authentic Hammond, Rhodes, Moog... tones with old school funk-bluesy-rock fusion flavors.
Anje
Knight

Location: Dark Side Of The Moon (Somewhere between SC and Krakow..)

Postby pckpat on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Yeah, it's really great to see some of the old names on here again. I never thought about it the way someone mentioned... how all these social networking sites are getting so much of the traffic these days. Somehow the guys on here didn't strike me as the selfie/cult of celebrity-following types :roll: Between FB and Google (whatever they call themselves these days) they sure do seem to have their hand in everybody's pockets on the inter webs anymore.
I learned a ton about tone on here, as some of the greatest technical-tubular minds of our generation have passed through the Palace(as well as a couple or few nut-cases). Huzzah!
As for Kevi-and Chupy-real characters, or created personas? Oh I believe they had to be real for the most part, as well as often hilarious posters. I do hope they have found happier pastures in their present situations.
Sure, a few of us on here have gotten into full- rant mode on the board occasionally, that is to be expected I guess, but all in good fun.
Cheers, to one and all, and I hope you all have a great holiday season. :cheers:
Last edited by pckpat on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge