Kern sound systems amphead

For those building and repairing amps on their own. Learna and share ideas.

Kern sound systems amphead

Postby Dizzyratt on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:55 am

About a month ago, me and a few friends went to clean out one friends dads house. While there, we discovered an old amp head the friend said didnt work, so i took it home to see what i could do. It wouldnt turn on at first but after replacing a fuse, is started up. (I didnt want to plug any cables into it, because i have no idea what it would do.) After cleaning it up a bit, i noticed the serial number is 0082. i have no idea what tubes to buy, or how to check the wattage.
Id love to get in contact with Kern just to see if they can send me of some schematics, but i cant find a number, and i think theyre probably long gone. Heres some pictures

Anyone know of any schematics or info on this? Thanks!
Dizzyratt
Peasant

Re: Kern sound systems amphead

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:35 am

I don't see the images, so I hit quote above you post and am not sure why they don't show up. :dunno:

try putting them on Photobucket, that always works for me, see below:

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: Kern sound systems amphead

Postby ep1966 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:20 am

In a way looks like a Univox still a cool peice :thumbsup:
ep1966
Court Jester

Return to Do It Yourself Amp Builders