Sound City Tour Series 120 help!

20 Studio, 50+, 50PA, 50R, L100, B100, L120, L120PA, L120R, 120 SLAVE, B120, B150, L150, L200, B200, Concord, and SMF

Sound City Tour Series 120 help!

Postby Txsounscity88 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 am

Looking for anyone in the tx region to help with a Sound City 120 Tour Series. Bought in 200o from a guitar texh in Houston, was in amazing condition, now is starting to show wear and tear, took it to get retubed new guitar tech did a mod and changed out parts with asking and now it only goves half volume and im getting a hiss. I still have all replaced parts . If anyone could please help me in TX that would be awesome. Im willing to travel

Gldtp99 any help?
Txsounscity88
Peasant

Re: Sound City Tour Series 120 help!

Postby Papa Dog on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:45 pm

Txsounscity88 wrote:Looking for anyone in the tx region to help with a Sound City 120 Tour Series. Bought in 200o from a guitar texh in Houston, was in amazing condition, now is starting to show wear and tear, took it to get retubed new guitar tech did a mod and changed out parts with asking and now it only goves half volume and im getting a hiss. I still have all replaced parts . If anyone could please help me in TX that would be awesome. Im willing to travel

Gldtp99 any help?

I am in Arizona, but if you will post pics I will do what I can.
Also a desciption of the "mod" which was done would be helpful.
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Re: Sound City Tour Series 120 help!

Postby gldtp99 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 am

I'd take it back to the tech who screwed it up------he did "mods" and now it only gives half power ? It sounds like his "mods" are the problem and also his responsibility to correct.
As far as me taking in a project such as this ? I have stopped taking in any outside amp work----- I have almost no time to work on amps at all (working 6 days a week at my real job) and what time I do have is taken up by a line of people wanting me to build them new amps.
I do have two SC 120 Tour Series heads in storage but it's hard to say if they would operate properly if fired up----- they've been sitting a while.
One is a stock circuit, with replaced Filter/Bias caps, and I could maybe help with pics of this stock circuit 120 Tour Series----- but that's about as far as I could go about getting involved in this amp project.
I will be retiring from my "real job" in about 18 months so after that I might have time to take in outside amp repair jobs, we'll see how it goes......................... gldtp99
gldtp99
Baron

Return to Sound City