Building A Bass Cab

For those building and repairing amps on their own. Learna and share ideas.

Building A Bass Cab

Postby Bigbonedstacks on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:40 pm

So I'm looking into building myself a compact 1x15 bass cabinet to go with an existing 1x15 I have. The one I have is 25" tall but I'm wanting the extra power and portability of an additional cab whole still keeping it easy to manuver around. I'm looking at doing it 24w x 18h x 16d with rear ports. I've had good luck with the eminence LA15850 I have in my other cabinet so I was going to use that in the other cabinet. My questions are how big should I make the ports? And tweeter or no tweeter? I'm kind of trying to construct it stylistically like the markbass traveler 151p. And if it matters in going to use 3/4" birch ply for everything.
Bigbonedstacks
Peasant

Re: Building A Bass Cab

Postby Unit_1 on Wed May 04, 2016 6:20 am

I would think that if you already have one 15, that you should build a 2 x 10 bass cab to get more punch
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to Do It Yourself Amp Builders