AC/DC's new lead singer

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Axl Rose? :dunno:

http://thesoundla.com/2016/04/its-offic ... ad-singer/

The stage claims another pair of ears....
Image
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince
 
Posts: 3713
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby cedarchoper58 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:55 pm

What ever keeps Angus on stage keeping the torch going with a wall of Marshalls I'm all for it. :D
cedarchoper58
none
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:01 am
Location: Where the blues rains down heavy and rock rolls hard

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby lexicondevil on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:02 am

The first time I heard Guns'N'Roses, I thought that the singer sounded like a chicken. I still do. As a matter of fact, I still do to this day. Kinda like that Version of Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' that had the chickens. When I think of AC/DC with Axl Rose singing, I think of AC/DC being fronted by a chicken.

I think a much better choice would have been Angry Anderson from Rose Tattoo, who back in the day sounded a lot like Bon Scott, and were contempraries of AC/DC back in Oz.

Here's some food for thought:



This fronting AC/DC.
lexicondevil
Squire
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:01 am
Location: Where We Live Is Secret

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Papa Dog on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 am

it COULD have been Justin Beiber...we should count our blessings
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Narly Ampwerks

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Jamie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:28 am

Papa Dog wrote:it COULD have been Justin Beiber...we should count our blessings


That's a frightening thought pd. Seriously, rose? Not a big fan of these Aussies but that just doesn't make sense..
Last edited by Jamie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Baron
 
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2001 7:01 am
Location: The Man Knows

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Papa Dog on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:52 am

Jamie wrote:
Papa Dog wrote:it COULD have been Justin Beiber...we should count our blessings


That's a frightening thought pd. Seriously, rose? Not a big fan of these Aussies but that just doesn't make since..


yeah...my point exactly...it could have been much, much worse.
I find the Angus Young band "interesting" but rather boring. Very simplistic music, but lots of folks like it.
I have issues with some of their lyrics.
Never cared for Rose, and do not care for Slash...not a GnR fan in the least.

Dunno why Rose and not some of the other prospects, but I don't think he was the BEST choice. Might be he was really the only choice.
30 years ago there would have been a line out the door to audition. Might be most singers worth a damn know that AC/DC is on it's last legs and do not care to be bothered, or else do not want to share the spotlight with Angus.
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Narly Ampwerks

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby brets9 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 am

Not a fan AR. I think his arrogant attitude, foul mouth, and complete unprofessional approach ruins GNR. However, when I heard him covering BS I didn't hate it. In fact, it kind of made me smile because Brian Johnson never did anything for me and I was happy to at least hear some of the old sound being reborn. If this creep can keep his cool and sing the old tunes on key, in the same fashion as BS, I won't object.
brets9
Squire
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:01 am
Location: Forbidden Zone

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Pacafeliz on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:45 am

brets9 wrote:Not a fan AR. I think his arrogant attitude, foul mouth, and complete unprofessional approach ruins GNR. However, when I heard him covering BS I didn't hate it. In fact, it kind of made me smile because Brian Johnson never did anything for me and I was happy to at least hear some of the old sound being reborn. If this creep can keep his cool and sing the old tunes on key, in the same fashion as BS, I won't object.


yeah, i must confess i hated the idea too.

then, i was quite pleasantly surprised when i saw/heard some live clips with AR.

ANYWAY... there seem to be some good news!
https://guitarzoom.com/brian-johnson-back-acdc/

he might be back!!! :thumbsup:
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King
 
Posts: 6966
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:01 am
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Jeff A Carlson on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:02 am

lexicondevil wrote:The first time I heard Guns'N'Roses, I thought that the singer sounded like a chicken. I still do. As a matter of fact, I still do to this day. Kinda like that Version of Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' that had the chickens. When I think of AC/DC with Axl Rose singing, I think of AC/DC being fronted by a chicken.

I think a much better choice would have been Angry Anderson from Rose Tattoo, who back in the day sounded a lot like Bon Scott, and were contempraries of AC/DC back in Oz.

Here's some food for thought:



This fronting AC/DC.

Hilarious, The videos chicken vocals indeed remind me of Azl
Jeff A Carlson
Jeff A Carlson
Page
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:01 am
Location: Tacoma Wa USA

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby Seby on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:47 am

lexicondevil wrote:The first time I heard Guns'N'Roses, I thought that the singer sounded like a chicken. I still do. As a matter of fact, I still do to this day. Kinda like that Version of Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' that had the chickens. When I think of AC/DC with Axl Rose singing, I think of AC/DC being fronted by a chicken.

I think a much better choice would have been Angry Anderson from Rose Tattoo, who back in the day sounded a lot like Bon Scott, and were contempraries of AC/DC back in Oz.

Here's some food for thought:



This fronting AC/DC.


I am dying....
Seby
Certified
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 am
Location: Bondi Beach

Re: AC/DC's new lead singer

Postby MajorWatt on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:20 am

Local guy out in Tracy CA. that does Brian Johnson to the tee.....He would be a better choice than asswipe rose...
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream
Image

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee
 
Posts: 13885
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:01 am
Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...


Return to Off-Topic Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests