The NEW Klon KTR

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

The NEW Klon KTR

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Not $1500, no! $269 - now we're talkin'! I do believe he's going to be selling a LOT of these!!!

From Klon Sibera, with love - I think Bill Finnegan has done an excellent job bringing this to mass production instead of the old hand built units.

KTR vs. TS9 mini

Centaur vs KTR
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: The NEW Klon KTR

Postby Jamie on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks U1. I'm interested, like I need one more pedal... Curious just how close to the Centaur it actually is.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:06 pm

I could not tell any sonic difference between them, listening to the video over my JBL L100 Studio monitors, however the reviewer at the end of the second video gives a summary of what he perceives.

"At lower gain levels, they are identical. At the highest gain level the centaur is slightly smoother."

I promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more pedals until I sell some of my old ones. Know anyone that want's a vintage black 'made in italy' tonebender???
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 am

I may need to retire my full drive to make a space for a ktr. I'd really need to spend some time with one to see what they are all about. 2k for a Centaur? :shock: :shock:
Jamie
Baron

Postby Dr Tony Balls on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Too little too late on these. At this point there are plenty of better built Klon clones out there for less than $269.
Dr Tony Balls
Peasant

Postby Jamie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:28 pm

The upside might be resale value if it doesn't work out. I'm wondering just how much better it is than my full drive or script nobels odr-1. I may pick one up out of curiosity. I'm not sure what would be a good Centaur clone.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:02 pm

I got interested after reading Tony's post so started looking around and found this

The overdrive utilizes a 7660SCPA charge pump, 2 TL072 Opamps and 2 germanium Diodes. Potentiometers for Gain, Treble and Output.
This Kit also includes the very important quality dual gang Gain Potentiometer which is made by 'Alps Japan'.

here:
http://www.3pdt.com/products/klon-overdrive

kit 59.99 assembled 79.99

and I'd already have one winging my way except when I tried to checkout I got the error "checkout system disabled" - I also saw a note saying "we will be changing to amazon checkout after 3-25", but no links and can't find it on Amazon.

I'd say they're probably in the middle of a transition that apparently isn't going so well !!!! I sent them a message to contact me, but I suspect that if they're still having problems five days after the cuttoff, they're probably pretty busy right now!!!!

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Well in the past month some of Ms U1 priorities have risen to the top. One Rug Doctor Mighty Pro at $350 (normally $400+) and a Gold's Gym 430i treadmill at $479 (awesome, has 2.5 horse motor, heart rate monitor, motorized incline adjustment, and programs that gradually increase your run each day so you get fit without the pain!)

SO..... I went for the Chinese knockoff - there was a purple one too, but I got it in gold. I checked out the feedback to see if anyone that had bought one had an opinion

Item as described !!! Positive ebay transaction !!!
Klo*n clone Centaur Gold Horsie Replica Overdrive Booster FX Pedal !

Only 69.99 free shipping. Such a deal! At that price if it doesn't sound right I can just throw it in the old pedal stack. I gotta sell those someday. I have probably $2000 in pedals I phased out for others, lol...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111956369534

the purple one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLON-CENTAUR-PU ... SwbwlXAFy5

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Cool, I'm having other priorities now too. The OD pedals I've been using for years work fine for me. My tube driver with bias gets more use than any, it's the most musical of the bunch. Good deal with the treadmill, use it! My wife is on me everyday to be on that thing and drink a glass of beet juice. That stuff is yummy but a miracle for blood pressure. My wife is on that treadmill 2 or 3 times a day and works out in between. It wears me out watching her. We'll be on a long bike ride and she'll be like I need to get on the treadmill yet when we get back. :shock:

I'm browsing now for a firearm safe or cab with a grandchild appearing this month I'm thinking ahead.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:02 pm

I use yin yang huo tea to help with the blood pressure, great flavor - buy it by the pound (Plum Flower brand, avoid other makers) - medically proven to actually work (see the wiki). Clears the sinus too. Having a glass right now, lol...
http://1stchineseherbs.com/horny-goat-w ... form-1-lb/

I have the sportsman steel safe. Has the same lock they use at the CIA.

Yeah man can't wait for the treadmill to arrive. Here in SoCal it's either too hot, too cold, too windy or blissfully perfect weather. More of the first three than the last one tho, lol....

Every morning I set on my butt reading the internet and drinking coffee till I wake up, now I'm gonna start each day with the treadmill.

The old saying about getting older "Use it or LOOSE it!"

So I went back and reread the guys feedback on the KLON and 90% of his 103 feedback were all people that had bought either the assembled pedal or the kit, and everyone said it was a great pedal and sounded the way it's supposed to.
:jam:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:46 pm

WOW ONLY 8 DAYS FROM CHINA!

Kinda weird getting it so fast, but I'm not complaining. Came with an extra DPDT stomp switch, which I thought was odd but I guess it is the only part that would ever wear out and they just tossed it in as a freebie. Haven't hooked it up yet. soon!

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:21 am

I was wondering if you got it yet. Any shots of the inards coming?
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:45 am

Today was one of the aforementioned spectacularly perfect weather days in SoCal. Weather so awesome you wish you could give it a big hug, lol....

Anyway after lolly gagging around all day just enjoying this incredible day, I finally decided it was BEER:30 and poured a cold one and decided it was picture takin' time

Oh, here's my Cheerson CX33 (gosh how did that get in here?? 8) ) otherwise known as the death plane from Terminator

Ok, I've beaten around the bush long enough, here's the Klon Clone gutshot. I noticed some of the other kits used cf resistors as well as mf resistors, and this uses all metal film not known for it's warm tone. Hope it sounds ok, I'm still dillydallying on plugging it in. getting there...... :mrgreen: :jam:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:41 am

Hey, at least it's not surface mount. Cool drone.. We have abandon theme parks and and shopping malls here in Ohio. I like the tube vids of the drone flyovers.

Sidebar.. Time Warner cable techs got a new fancy meter to detect low freq leaks. They are touring up and down streets looking for noise. I guess it's really dangerous.. :roll: A faulty connector or cable can cause a plane to crash. FCC must be on them. Anyhow, we got flagged for a leak, barely readable at the street. They want to go through our house connections and sort it out. We called TW support and they didn't know anything about this, and nothing in the logs. Watch for rogue techs!

More off topic.. Not drone footage but this clip of Rolling Acres Mall is one of many and the guy gets busted. Another clip on the tube is a couple guys on dirt bikes taking a tour. Randall Park is another Akron abandoned mall, it seems like Ohio has quite a few.

Jamie
Baron

Next

Return to Off-Topic Lounge