anyone use KODI tv app?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

anyone use KODI tv app?

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

I just found out about the KODI GNU license app that allows you to connect to TV servers and get {gasp} free TV :say_what: like in the old days, read the wiki....

just wondering if anyone here has used this and has any tales to tell about it. pros, cons, warnings.....that sort of thing

Thanks!

{edited}
I did find this article on pc mag, which sheds a bit of light on it's origin and current direction
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2461808,00.asp
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: anyone use KODI tv app?

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:03 am

Install Phoenix & Sports Devil
Jamie
Baron

Postby gigant0r on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:19 am

Yep, I'm using it with Raspberry Pi 3, installed on OpenELEC system. My primary add-on is Exodus (previously Genesis) and it's working flawlessly so far..
gigant0r
Baron

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Genesis isn't worth the time. I'll have to check out Exodus.

I have an element ti4. Remote is not fun, a wireless mouse / keyboard is best to use.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TEEXJQA
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Thank you gentlemen, I will check those out. This is fun. TV for free, like in the old daze! :thumbsup:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Exodus is a bit better than Genesis, less bad links. I've had the best luck with Phoenix. Bandwidth and connections really play in, some nights better than others. Have a little patience in setting up, there is a slight learning curve navigating through kodi os. Setting up shortcuts to fav apps helps.
Jamie
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge