RIP Keith Emerson

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

RIP Keith Emerson

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 pm

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: RIP Keith Emerson

Postby DanTheBluesMan on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:56 pm

RIP, lucky man
DanTheBluesMan
Knight

Postby Jamie on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 pm

RIP Keith. He has been a major inspiration to me in many ways. Tarkus for a tribute to the greatest.. :crybaby:

Jamie
Baron

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:59 pm

:(
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Ye gods..... :shock:

Keith killed himself. Noooooooo :say_what:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ake-palmer
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 am

He was having trouble with his hands, possibly arthritic? My friend is a concert pianist and saw him a while back and said he noticed he wasn't using the ring and pinky fingers on one hand......sad.
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Jamie on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Keith had nerve damage in his hand, you can see that in the Tarkus video. So sad indeed..
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:37 am

That's basically what killed Glenn Frey - complications from the arthritis meds he was taking

I got some serious arthritis in the middle knuckle of my right hand, really f'ing painful and my hand moves really slow. Does not affect holding a pick and I can still finger pick as there is very little motion in finger picking

THOUGHT I was getting it in the left hand for the past two weeks, but it was just the pain from a fall (damn cats) and it's back to normal now - bending strings back to Gilmour style, TG! Scary two weeks tho..... If I lost the ability to play guitar I'd have to play harp I guess, which I do pretty well, but it's just not the same. :roll:

Unit_1
Prince

Return to Off-Topic Lounge