Introduction: Aric Keith

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Introduction: Aric Keith

Postby Aric Keith on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:48 am

Hi all. I'm new to the Vintage Amps forum. I don't collect amps nor do I own a particularly large number of amps, but I am interested in them. My current "vintage" collection consists of only a '71 Twin Reverb that I picked up last summer for a good price (as most silverface Twins are).

I am interested in old Vox AC30s for some reason, and am toying with buying one for the sake of having it.

I currently play in a band called Funk Town PDX, but I'm new to the band.

See you around,

Aric Keith
Aric Keith
------------
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug6d6YvaNgc&feature=youtu.be"]Everyman. In loving memory of my dad, Russell Keith.[/url]
Click the link above to hear my dad singing an original tune.
Aric Keith
Peasant

Re: Introduction: Aric Keith

Postby LD50 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:42 am

:highfive:

Hi Aric

Welcome from me, sure the others will chip in.

Where are you hailing from?
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Aric Keith on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm from Vancouver, WA, which is right next to Portland, OR.

Aric
Aric Keith
------------
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug6d6YvaNgc&feature=youtu.be"]Everyman. In loving memory of my dad, Russell Keith.[/url]
Click the link above to hear my dad singing an original tune.
Aric Keith
Peasant

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey Aric,
Welcome to the forum :cheers:

I only own one 1968 silverface deluxe reverb (referred as sfdr around here) but it was made before CBS had a chance to muck up the blackface (bfdr) design. very nice amp! I had to remove the old speaker, it was just sounding muddy and lackluster. Put in a Jensen P12N and man what a difference in clarity and punch.

I have quite a few amps that I've made for myself. My main goto amp now is a circa 1967 Marshall Plexi model 1987 clone I built using the Metropolis 'how to' guide, and self made circuit board, teflon insulated silver plated mil-surplus wire, Mercury Magnetics iron, and mustard caps. Running nos Winged =c= 6550's, woooooo weeeee what a sound!!!!!!!!!!!

The mustard caps I used had the short leads made for PCB use (I have about 600 of them, they are unused - same date codes), so I had to design the layout for the board in Visio. A lot of work, and a lot of fun!!!!

Rock On!
:jam: :mrgreen:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to Off-Topic Lounge