And Joe Cocker too. RIP (whoops, nevermind)

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

And Joe Cocker too. RIP (whoops, nevermind)

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks for the tunes Joe. Rock on in Heaven as you did on Earth

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30582761
Last edited by Unit_1 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: And Joe Cocker too. RIP

Postby Stinkfoot on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:09 am

You have been in your cups again haven't you Mr Unit.

Mr Cocker died in 2014.
Stinkfoot
Squire

Re: And Joe Cocker too. RIP

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:07 pm

No, actually, I'm clean and sober. Not even any 'medicine'. Clearly cups were involved the first time around when I missed this in 2014. Wait! I have a memory formin' in me head (Time Bandits ref Intentional). I was in the midst of FluBola an almost 3 month long curse, followed almost immediately by FluZilla, which was half as long and 3 times worse.

:old: and then again, it just might be me rotting memory :old:

:dunno:

:cheers:

So how's things with you Mr. Stinkfoot? Any new guitars? Any to sell? Not that I can afford them :mrgreen:

I just picked up this little Gem, open box, only $365 - really useless as an acoustic, but as a hollowbody electric it absolutely boggles the mind. Works fantastic with overdrive pedals with a shimmering feedback just slightly around the edges....

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to Off-Topic Lounge