RIP Pete Huttlinger

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

RIP Pete Huttlinger

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:17 pm

what the heck is goin on? We're loosing musicians by the boat load in 2016. :cry:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2 ... linger----

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: RIP Pete Huttlinger

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Amazing player.
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Superstition

James Taylor Fingerstyle with Pete Huttlinger - less than a year ago....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:25 am

And the shame is, for me, that Pete never made a ton of money. I believe there was a benefit, a few years ago, for Pete, after a bout with his heart. I haven't read anything about his funeral/burial/cremation--I wonder if he had life insurance. I know, it's all about the music, but the practical side of me says that artists like Pete should think ahead a little. A flat tire could cost somebody a gig.

Such a brilliant guitarist. Probably a real nice guy, too. RIP, Pete.
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Return to Off-Topic Lounge