Catalinbread Belle Epoch & Echorec

Some like 'em and some don't, but I bet everyone has at least a couple — Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tube Overdrive, Transistor Overdrive, Fuzz, Octave Fuzz, Tremolo, Vibrato, Compressor and the list goes on!

Re: Catalinbread Belle Epoch & Echorec

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Nah, just your run of the mill cry baby, I love the sound tho - and I'm *really good* with the thingy.... lol....

Hey, I gotta get another echorec.
I tried the setup I have (with the carbon copy feeding into the echorec) with singing, and it's *exactly* what I've been looking for - for years.

I have to really dial the mix back so it's ever so slightly heard when I pause but it made my voice so thick and juicy it's just hard to believe. On really long notes my voice just sparkles! So awesome it gives me the willies!!!! It really gives you the feeling that you're on stage singing live with lots of stuff for your voice to bounce off of.

I already have an extra carbon copy for the Mic, so at least I don't need to make two purchases, lol....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Well that is interesting, is it like a doubling but not shifted?
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:08 am

It's kinda like a phase shift that is based on the vibrato of the notes you're singing with long notes, with shorter notes it's a lot more like singin' in the shower :wink:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Sounds interesting.. I'm going to look into an mxr m238 iso brick. If it fixes the ground loops and can supply a few hungry pedals I may get two. It gets pretty good reviews and seems to be a good bang for the buck @ $150.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U28HYNQ

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm going to have to curtail my spending, lol, just too many deals lately

I picked up a used catalinbread echorec last night for the mic $186 and it's painted blue, some special edition or other....

and while I was perusing I noticed a TC T2 reverb with some pretty special effects. It's dsp but pretty damn good dsp. Everywhere else has it for $149, these guys have it for $99:
http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-trinity-2.html

check out the demos at the bottom of this page
http://www.tcelectronic.com/t2-reverb/

I think they're running a carbon copy (or similar) before the reverb too. Each demo starts off with a sample of what's going on before engaging the T2 and you can hear an echo

And then this morning I won an auction for 2 matched tun-sol 6l6's with brown base for $23.00 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Woof, man, I gotta knock it off. Also got an old 6l6 organ amp to harvest the iron for the 6g9-b I'm cloning, another $100. HUGE Iron, enormous stacks of beautiful iron :mrgreen:

Damn, I'm WAY over budget. I'm glad it's only Christmas once a year!!!!!!!!!

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:19 am

Have you tried the echorec at 18v? I have the mxr supply on the way and I'd like to use 18v with it to free up another 9v out. I'll try both, just asking your take on it if you've tested both ways.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:38 am

I was going to try that.....

I have several 18v power supplies, but it just sorta fell off the to do list and I forgot about it

heh :wink:

ok, i just sent myself an email to remind me to try this - since I'll be setting up the new one for the mic I can plug into that to do the comparison

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:48 am

Silence finally.. I put the mxr iso brick on the effects board. It made a big difference in the noise floor. Very very close to plugging straight into the amp. I'll probably pick up another for the other board to power to the dirt pedals, vibe and wah.

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:27 am

I have the voodoo labs pedal power 2, very quiet. Should be for the price I paid for it! The MXR is $50 less

grumble... grumble... :dumass: :say_what:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Pedal Power 2 may be a better pedal, it gets pretty good reviews. Reverb has these discounted right now to $128.

http://tinyurl.com/ozr54pu

Next year, I'd like to trim down essentials what I use to one board to maybe one of these or a pedal train.

http://tinyurl.com/j4rxdrb

Jamie
Baron

Previous

Return to Effects and the Signal Chain