Case stencils?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Case stencils?

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:20 am

Been here two months or so--And the questions abound. :excited:

Anybody know how/where I can get a stencil for a brown Gibson case? Or, a brown Gator lookalike. I picked up an LP Special, in a gig bag. I don't use gig bags much, but I got a deal... Where can i get the "Gibson USA" case stencil?
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Re: Case stencils?

Postby jaywalker on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Most likely you'll need to make your own stencil. Snag some artwork, blow it up to size, trace onto heavy stock and hand cut with an exacto knife. Carefully select an appropriate paint. The challenge will be keeping it tight to a surface that isn't flat. The "USA" presents it's own challenge with the lines. You could go solid letters there or narrow strips of tape on the outside of the stencil, not underneath 'cause it will lift the template allowing paint to get under.
The biggest problem is that when you put a Gibson in a Chinese case, over time it actually become a Chinese knock-off. :lol:
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:15 pm

jaywalker wrote:The biggest problem is that when you put a Gibson in a Chinese case, over time it actually become a Chinese knock-off. :lol:

Sad :cry: but true. :mrgreen:
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Postby jaywalker on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:33 am

Just this afternoon I noticed the "made in China" label inside my Fender Am Standard Strat molded hardshell case. Que sera!
jaywalker
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge