N.P.A.D.

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

N.P.A.D.

Postby jaywalker on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 am

New P.A. Day! This last year of lifting, hauling, unloading, setup...you know the drill, has taken it's toll on my body and caused great protest. I am determined to lighten the load so here it begins, weighing in at 7.1 lb. the Behringer XAir XR18 mixer. controlled by pc/mac/android/iphone/tablet with free download software. I was in need of crossovers, eq,etc. ad nauseum. This has it all and B actually purchased Midas for the tech. I'll still have to use my 2 ways and amps for foh until I can get some more scratch for active speakers. It does 18 track out to daw for mixing later. personal monitor adjustment via your phone/pad. the two smaller models do stereo out to usb memory stick.
props are for perspective. (that's a small loaf of bread)

I hope to have a 12/6 Greenboy bass cab (32 lbs approx.) done soon to go with my KXB500 (4.5 lb, 450W@4ohm). I love my heavy iron but some of it will be staying home much of the time.

jaywalker
Baron

Re: N.P.A.D.

Postby jaywalker on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 am

oh my...photobucket has become very tedious to use. itz so slow.
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Jamie on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:41 pm

I checked out the video on sweetwater for the xair. I'm wondering how quick it is to get around on the ipad. Nice to be able to control from anywhere in the room.
Jamie
Baron

Postby jaywalker on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:26 am

I spent some time today on the learning curve getting the access for my laptop and android pad up and running. I plugged in a guitar and headphones and nosed around a bit with the FX. Tomorrow I'll set speakers and give it a go. I'm sure that once familiar with it, using the app will be fairly straightforward. I'm not well versed in signal processing devices and the extensive parameters so it will be an exercise in patience for me. At least the scenes, once set, can be recalled for various venues.

7" android "nook" isn't too difficult even for a hamfist like me.

jaywalker
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge