Hello!

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Hello!

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:57 am

Hello to you all. I've been watching this Forum for awhile, and you folks seem to be the good guys. (And gals, if there are any.)

I'm an average guy, retired, a less-than average guitar player, and I like to talk, and listen to talk, about the stuff we all like--good guitars (old and new) and college football.

So I'm finally normal. I'm smart enough to know that the new folks sit in the back, and listen to the old folks up front. So, I'll be here in the back, for quite some time. Thank you for letting me sign on!

R.S.
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Re: Hello!

Postby jaywalker on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:15 am

Hi Rockin' Steve. Welcome to the forum. Kick your shoes off and sit a spell. :jam:
J.T.
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Seby on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:37 am

Hello there Mr Rockin' Stevie!

:cheers:

How're you doing? =)
Seby
Certified

Postby pckpat on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Welcome aboard Rockin' Stevie-from one retired guitar/ampoholic w/dog to another. :jam:
If you have a tube amp-Marshall, Fender, Hiwatt, Vox,Ampeg,Traynor, Mojave, etc. this is the right place. Anything you want or need to know about them (esp. of course Plexi's) you have come to the right forum. Or just for general,( usually) genial conversation. Cheers.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Welcome to the forum Rockin' Steve! :cheers:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby housekustoms on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Indeed welcome Rockin' Stevie!!!

ps. also one dog :-) ...and 4 cats.
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby Rockin' Stevie on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:14 am

That little guy there turned 1 back in July. He likes my guitar playing. Really! I'm glad---he's about 110 lbs, now--I'd hate to see what he'd do to my amps, if he didn't like my playing. You guys got dogs?
Rockin' Stevie
Peasant

Postby pckpat on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:32 am

Well, technically my little buddy is a dog :D He's a seven pound long-haired chiweewee. I raised Black Labs for many years, from my own original three we bred about forty beautiful puppies. When they went on to the great kennel beyond,and after I retired, I was downsized with this little guy (that's him in my sig pic, with a big stuffed bear). He was a rescue project, a bit less than a a year old when I got him in 2010. He's turned out really well. Fearless, and he watches me like a hawk. Lot easier to clean up after too.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Return to Off-Topic Lounge