60th Birthday

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: 60th Birthday

Postby pckpat on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Excellent work. I quite like the realism style. As a beginning artist (second kick at the cat, after not drawing much for a few decades) I can really appreciate the talent he must have-I can only dream of doing something of that calibre. Btw, congrats on reaching your seventh decade. I hit that milestone back in Nov. myself. :P
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Jamie on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks Pat, much appreciated.. This thread was really more about my son's art than hitting the 60. Hopefully the next 10 years won't go as fast as the last 10.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Stinkfoot on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Jamie wrote:Thanks Pat, much appreciated.. This thread was really more about my son's art than hitting the 60. Hopefully the next 10 years won't go as fast as the last 10.

No it will come much faster. I am just getting over my sixtieth birthday party and I am ruddy well sixty two in a month.

"What was that ?"..."Your life"...."Oh I missed it can I have another one" ...."Sorry no!"
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby Jamie on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Perceived time does seem to be going faster as we age, our kids have noticed that also. Well Sir Stinkfoot, best wishes for your 62nd.
Jamie
Baron

Postby MajorWatt on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 am

Well done ..... Kudos to your sons talent... :wink:

I get the big Six Zero this November... Oh well.. it's better than Not having another birthday.. :highfive:
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Jamie wrote:Perceived time does seem to be going faster as we age, our kids have noticed that also. Well Sir Stinkfoot, best wishes for your 62nd.

My dad explained it to me this way when I was like 8

When you're 2 years old, a year is half your life. An eternity. When you're 10 a year is only a 10th of your life. So much faster. You can see where this progression goes when you're 60.....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks Major and U1, much appreciated. My son just came back from Dallas setting up an exhibit.

My dad had some wisdom too.. "The closer you get to the stop sign, the harder you put on the brake" That was encouraging..;)
Jamie
Baron

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Lounge