Dang!!...

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Dang!!...

Postby pckpat on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 pm

At first it really looked like I had a great garbage-pickin' score last night. I was walking my little dog down to the corner store and people had their garbage and blue boxes out for the morning pick-up. In front of one neighbour's house (where coincidentally I had scavenged a nice sixties Heathkit two EL84 integrated mono amp about three years ago) I noticed a cardboard box at the curb. At first I thought it had old books in it, so I looked, because my gf had told me about a new book exchange program going on in some neighbourhoods. Well, it wasn't books...upon closer examination it turned out to be quite a few boxes of reel-to-reel audio tapes. Perfect, I thought, more ammo for my old Akai 4000D. But then I noticed two fairly large boxes, with the word "Valve" on one end... :shock: Hhhmmm, now they had my interest. So I took it home quickly, because it was getting close to closing time for the store. When I got home I pulled out the two boxes that had the logo "Emitron" written across the front. I flipped it over and there it was on the other end - "KT66". So I thought, hmmm, could be a holy grail pair here. But alas, when I put them on my B&K tester they were both toast. Yeah, DANG!! :P
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Re: Dang!!...

Postby jaywalker on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:55 pm

A little butter and some jam and you're in tall cotton!
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Seby on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Aw man.... : /
Seby
Certified

Postby jaywalker on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:46 pm

wow...'em are tubes! Emitron http://lampes-et-tubes.info/ct/ct030.php?l=e This guy has quite a collection.

p.s. sorry to rain on your parade. The Kt66's would have been a very nice score
jaywalker
Baron

Postby pckpat on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Yes I could hardly contain my excitement while opening the box-until I felt the glass....crusty critters :P I have been very seriously thinking of selling my Marshall 100 watt plexi ri-since my 74 Superlead is now ready after a refurbish at my tech's shop. And with the money I was looking at quite possibly getting either a JTM45 re-issue or clone of some type. Those EMI's sure would have worked nicely into that plan.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby ¤klÿn¡§§¤ on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 pm

pckpat wrote:At first it really looked like I had a great garbage-pickin' score last night. I was walking my little dog down to the corner store and people had their garbage and blue boxes out for the morning pick-up. In front of one neighbour's house (where coincidentally I had scavenged a nice sixties Heathkit two EL84 integrated mono amp about three years ago) I noticed a cardboard box at the curb. At first I thought it had old books in it, so I looked, because my gf had told me about a new book exchange program going on in some neighbourhoods. Well, it wasn't books...upon closer examination it turned out to be quite a few boxes of reel-to-reel audio tapes. Perfect, I thought, more ammo for my old Akai 4000D. But then I noticed two fairly large boxes, with the word "Valve" on one end... :shock: Hhhmmm, now they had my interest. So I took it home quickly, because it was getting close to closing time for the store. When I got home I pulled out the two boxes that had the logo "Emitron" written across the front. I flipped it over and there it was on the other end - "KT66". So I thought, hmmm, could be a holy grail pair here. But alas, when I put them on my B&K tester they were both toast. Yeah, DANG!! :P

Thanks a lot there... killjoy.

:lol:
nothing says *vintage* like a stripped pan-head
¤klÿn¡§§¤
Dances With Valves

Postby MajorWatt on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:50 am

Well.. it was a nice dream for a little bit.... 8)
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Return to Off-Topic Lounge