'67 Black Flag JTM100

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

'67 Black Flag JTM100

Postby LD50 on Fri May 08, 2015 2:38 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-JTM-100-Superlead-1967-Black-Flag-/131506624301?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Good bone structure, just needs a little tidy up.

What do people think about price? (where is the chin scratch emoticon?)
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Re: '67 Black Flag JTM100

Postby Bern1 on Sun May 10, 2015 4:38 am

Come on, it's 2015.
Who can use an amp like this nowadays?
It's a relic of a bygone era, and needs to be priced accordingly.
As in not too expensive......
Bern1
Court Jester

Postby Ned B on Sun May 10, 2015 6:04 am

That's a nice one in my book. It doesn't seem an outrageous price. Compare that with what that ali-chassis one went for.
Ned B
Baron

Postby Strat59 on Sun May 10, 2015 11:52 am

Bern1 wrote:Come on, it's 2015.

Who can use it........... just about every famous Rock guitarist when recording (too rare & valuable to take on the road).

Relic and needs to be priced accordingly ....... tell that to the wealthy collectors who pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ when one (rarely) surfaces for sale.

My rare JTM-45 MKIV Bluesbreaker (Head) when shown to a very highly respected Marshall Plexi Clone builder said..... if I ever decide to part with it, he knows 12 people who would buy it instantly.

You obviously have no experience of the collector / player market, nor the appreciation of these Classic Tone Monsters , let alone own any originals.

As they say with Harley Davidson...... if I have to explain it, you wouldn't get it anyway. :cheers:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby gigant0r on Sun May 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Posts like this on a vintage amps forum have zero sense..
gigant0r
Baron

Postby stratburst on Wed May 13, 2015 2:19 am

I can and do because it just doesn't get any better than a plexi pushing air!
stratburst
Court Jester

Postby Unit_1 on Wed May 13, 2015 4:36 pm

right,,,, this is just a joke, right?

final price £3,250.00 - woof....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby LD50 on Wed May 13, 2015 5:03 pm

Unit_1 wrote:

We are all entitled to our own opinions and I guess Bern1 probably realised he would push a few buttons on this forum with that remark. Yes many things are outdated, like gas guzzling V8 SUVs, classic motorcycles like Brough Superiors, Vincents or Gold Stars (never fancied Harley's myself - guess tha tis my problem), Ferraris, Lambo's heck you have 55mph limits! They all still have their places, sure a full stack is no longer necessary for every gig but when you get the chance!
The price £3250 was not bad at all (too much for me as a buyer, but encouraging as an owner!).
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Bern1 on Thu May 14, 2015 4:40 am

Hi guys,

I guess I was being a little flippant after a martini or two but didn't mean to get anybody seriously riled up. Sorry if I did.
Although I grew up around this gear and still love it (I used a 100 in the early 70's), it's true these days I prefer to build my own amps and the occasional vintage style kit to play out with with my modest classic rock band. I still have a couple of cool vintage amps but they stay at home in the studio or occasionally come to jams with friends.

So, I guess I just should have said what I meant: that it's a cool piece of gear but it's way too expensive for me to consider buying at this point, considering how loud it would be in the dive bars I play at and how old it is, that I don't want to have to worry about frying hard to find original components, etc. etc., all of which you know already...

Carry on, I enjoy it all!

Cheers,

Bernie
Bern1
Court Jester

Postby Unit_1 on Thu May 14, 2015 6:07 am

LD50 wrote:
Unit_1 wrote:

We are all entitled to our own opinions and I guess Bern1 probably realised he would push a few buttons on this forum with that remark. Yes many things are outdated, like gas guzzling V8 SUVs, classic motorcycles like Brough Superiors, Vincents or Gold Stars (never fancied Harley's myself - guess tha tis my problem), Ferraris, Lambo's heck you have 55mph limits! They all still have their places, sure a full stack is no longer necessary for every gig but when you get the chance!
The price £3250 was not bad at all (too much for me as a buyer, but encouraging as an owner!).

oh man, i forgot all about the vincents - when I was young I lusted after a vincent black shadow, but alas, only attained a honda 750 serial number 6668 bored out to 980 - high comp heads, blueprinted, hot cam, and bla bla bla bla all the other really cool stuff that made bikes fast. Too fast...

After one particularly long power slide from 30mph to 88mph in like 2 seconds on a tight but long asphalt curve speed shifting *while still in the power slide* from 2nd to third at 55mph, I decided it was time to part ways with my rocket sled and buy a really slow car instead, lol...

almost did an endo at 55 - i had to wind it all the way up to 12,500 rpm to get the dynamics just right for a speed shift power slide on asphalt, to prevent going end over which would have sent me flying into oncoming cars <<shudderz>>, but I kept my cool and pulled it off --- the last powerslide of my life btw, lol.....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Strat59 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Pulled from sale.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Return to eBay Watch