this is a great star spangled banner....

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

this is a great star spangled banner....

Postby Unit_1 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:43 am

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: this is a great star spangled banner....

Postby Jack Hester on Sun May 03, 2015 9:42 am

That was outstanding! Thanks for posting.

Jack
"We sleep safe in our beds
because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

---George Orwell
Jack Hester
Certified

Postby Strat59 on Mon May 04, 2015 11:52 am

I don't think anyone can touch this guy. The total control and command over that guitar at full volume thru walls of Marshalls is quite unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt3cYpF ... detailpage
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Michael Patrick on Mon May 04, 2015 12:40 pm

That Metallica version was pretty cool. I like that they didn't try to ape Jimi's version, but put their own spin on it.
The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down
Michael Patrick
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Postby Unit_1 on Fri May 15, 2015 6:02 am

Strat59 wrote:I don't think anyone can touch this guy. The total control and command over that guitar at full volume thru walls of Marshalls is quite unbelievable.

My hero....

I just meant this is a great SSB more in the vein of the original without deviating too much, as is de rigueur at televised sports events. I really like the really shiney guitars made just for the event - wonder who owns them now!
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:04 pm

WOW!

Madison Rising does a freakin' incredible version of the song, not just an instrument solo. And there's two versions!
:highfive:

This is the original with over 6 million views

And this one looks newer, with only 73k views

Ms Unit and I were both leaking water from our eyes after watching this on my HTC One with "Boomsound" and incredible windows phone that has speakers on both sides of the screen and in the front. Sounds almost as good as over my JBL's!!!!

Unit_1
Prince

Return to Off-Topic Lounge