Long Shaft Linear push/pull Pots

One of the most valuable places you can go to make your guitar right. Don't guess, ask an expert and trade tips. professional guitar techs and service's people are welcome. If your into guitar repair or just into working on your guitars, this is the place to stop in and share your knowledge or ask for help.

Long Shaft Linear push/pull Pots

Postby ZurdoGuitar on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:08 am

I have scoured the internet for these and cannot find any.
I'm moding my 2013 60s Tribute Les Paul with split coil and series parallel switching and need a pair of B500K push/pull pots with 3/4 in shaft. I'm a lefty so standard audio taper pots are no good for me and reverse audio taper I'm sure don't exist. Gibson does use these on a few guitars but they will not sell them to customers or retailers and also won't give up who manufactures them.
Bourns will make a special run of them but they have a minimum lot size and I can't talk any retailers to carry that inventory; even after 2 of them told me they get frequent requests for these unobtainium pots.

They do exist but are a big secret for some reason. If anyone knows where to find some, I'd be forever grateful!
ZurdoGuitar
Peasant

Re: Long Shaft Linear push/pull Pots

Postby PeterS on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't know if they have the geometry you need, but Small Bear Electronics has reverse audio pots. No connection, satisfied repeat customer.
PeterS
King

Re: Long Shaft Linear push/pull Pots

Postby housekustoms on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:55 pm

You mention B500K which is a linear taper design but also mention the text audio taper which would be A500K in a 500K pot.

Over time the codes have changed but modern pots are marked:

AxxxK - log taper (audio)
BxxxK - linear taper
CxxxK - reverse log taper (audio for lefty use; also called antilog)

If you really mean B500K push-pulls then you should be able to use those just reversing the wiring between pins 1 & 3. I've done this many times for one of my sons who is a lefty.

I've never found anyone who offers C500K Push/Pulls in stock and could never handle the cost of a special order. If you find a source please post it here!
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Return to Guitar Repair and Guitar Tech Tips