1961 Fender Stratocaster to drool over...

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

1961 Fender Stratocaster to drool over...

Postby ValveLust on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:44 am

I was in a local music store the other day to buy a bass guitar and started to discuss my guitar and amp collection explaining I will be selling and trading some off some soon. The salesman pulled me over and said you have to look at this that just came in less than an hour ago and there was one of the most beautiful all original '61 Stratocasters I've ever had pleasure to see in person. My first guitar my parents bought me was a '73 Sunburst Strat. The salesman picked it up handed it to me and said go ahead and play it...I carefully looked it over and then gingerly handed it back and said thanks but that's fine as it could be had for a mere $20K

ValveLust
Squire

Re: 1961 Fender Stratocaster to drool over...

Postby Stinkfoot on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 am

That looks just the ticket. Do you have any contact details ? :jam:
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby Ned B on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Wouldn't 20K be a bargain these days?
Ned B
Baron

Postby LD50 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:38 pm

That is beautiful. :mrgreen:

I would have thought $20k about right, but recently some prices seem to be going up for the really good stuff (with players and refins going down a bit, but may well be wrong..........?).

My own strat is a '62 RI with aged mint guard, CS fat 50's CTS and CRL and Klusons, vintage tweed (not cream) case, ie aiming for what you see in the pics, at much more moderate price, as for me the '61/62 is my idea of the perfect strat. 8)
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby ValveLust on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:22 pm

One of the main reason I didn't play it is that I know I would have fell in love, the guitar and action was so light and delightful, frets low and smooth. I just may have to sell off some inventory to make room.

I've looked around and didn't come up with much for any recent sales. I have been told that they hit a high like many other things a few years back and have since come down. I was thinking somewhere in the $15-$18 tops
ValveLust
Squire

Return to Vintage Guitars