Vintage Orange In Australia

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Vintage Orange In Australia

Postby troyvod on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:17 am

troyvod
Certified

Re: Vintage Orange In Australia

Postby Strat59 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Has someone used a marking pen on the ORANGE Logo ? Nice amp, would help if he posted guts shots and trannies as well.

Painted black, some changed minor parts, not at that buy now price......... more the starting price if lucky.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Ned B on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Most likely hardwired which is pretty cool. I'll check the number on mine which I think is in the 40's which used the same board material as Marshall rather than the Vox style wiring that single digit number ORST's I have seen pics of. You can get that Peter Green sound with this amp and some skill!
Ned B
Baron

Postby Tauntonhobbit on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Buy it now is just under £3k English, plus shipping - even with the provenance, it seems a tad high from here.
I'd be expecting a 200w 'big one' for similar money, but maybe things have moved on?

:)

Edit: vvv Yup, starting bid is fine, it's the buy it now that looks high (& that is usually what sellers are aiming for)
Last edited by Tauntonhobbit on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tauntonhobbit
Court Jester

Postby Ned B on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Seller probably would ship to the US and it would be expensive, but the under $2000 US starting bid/potential final price isn't that unreasonable if all is right with the chassis.
Ned B
Baron

Postby amoun on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:34 pm

been relisted,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORANGE-MATAM ... 1834654663?

quote from seller

"The unit is aprox 80 watts. (but referred to by Orange as a 100W unit.) with two new El34's fitted plus bias setup and serviced this week. Tested today sounded great."

might be 80 fully cranked but it was sold as 50w, orange never advertised it as 100w,

"the front panel is Bakelite", no it isn't it's trafolyte. Why replace the lovely original face panel bolts with those silly looking screws, they used roofing bolts, should be easy to get in any hardware store.

I sold mine for c£1,200 but the case was trashed, saw one go for nearly 2k euros a few years ago but it was absolutely mint, looked like it had just left the factory. Certainly wouldn't pay his price for that one irrespective of who may have owned it.
amoun
Baron

Return to eBay Watch