nkd: new Keytar Day

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

nkd: new Keytar Day

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:42 am

just pulled the trigger on a keytar synth for $199

totally awesome sounds out of this puppy, just check out any youtube demos on the lucina AX09

BATTERY POWERED! I have a synth and software and its SO damn complicated.... I just want something I can push the buttons and get sounds. Plus I find it very uncomfortable setting while playing after so many decades of guitar playing.

This does the trick. Man, Merry Chirstmas to me, lol....

ebay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-Lucina-A ... 3ced58cd8f

a couple demos:

and included this one 'cus *she's so damn hot* UK accent and all.....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: nkd: new Keytar Day

Postby vez on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:40 pm

I like it Unit. Looks like fun.
You should go all Rick Wakeman with us and start wearing a silver cape and a glitter wizard's hat.
vez
Squire

Postby Jamie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:58 am

Pretty Cool U1, I don't have the patience to learn keyboard so I may opt for a the C9 that just came out. Seems a little more useful than the B9 . Which one would you guys find more useful?

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 am

man that organ pedal is pretty cool, but costs more than i spent on the keytar and since i've been messin with pianos and organs since 1964......

here's a great demo:

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 am

oh

and i just realized

i don't know what the heck happened to my wizard's hat

son of a......

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Sure would be a better way to go if I could play with keys.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Jamie on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Wow.. Really wow. . Just ran through the EH C9. It tracks and sounds amazing. The organ vpot will push the b3/tonewheel into overdrive. Mellotron flutes are fun, Strawberry Fields. It tracks chords and single note runs without any issues, little to no warble or lag. I have to say tracking compared to my old ips33, boss gt-5 and now the eventide pitchfactor, they don't track near as well from this initial impression. I've tried basic diatonic pitch settings on the pitchfactor and it just warbles on anything other than single notes. If it weren't for the 910/949 setting I would probably sell it. I was under the impression when I purchased it that eventide was the king of pitch shifting. Anyhow, really happy with the C9. Probably won't have a need for the B9, the C9 covers more ground imho. It does require some changes in playing techniques and definitely prefers humbuckers.

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:24 am

well, you said you don't do keys.... this one has no keys.... pretty stinkin cool at $99.99....

talk about a horse of a different color!!!!!!!

I got the Keytar on Monday and this flu is just robbing me of my motivation, it sets in it's box waiting for me

I'm having a hard enough time just making three meals a day.........getting my butt kicked by microbes.....

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 am

Get some rest U1, flu is no fun. That is pretty crazy.. with a headset you would feel like your in abercrombe all day..;)
Jamie
Baron

Postby jaywalker on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 am

I was hands on with the B9 a couple of days ago at a friends and even with an acoustic/elec it was impressive. Obviously both are needed because more is better!
OTOH for that coin I can have a Leslie w/ TrekII that I recently refurbed the amp. A little harder to fit on the board though :lol: What to do?
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:45 pm

well I finally felt good enough last night to plug this in and give it a workout

*massively* impressed :mrgreen:

fantastic, superb, like a dream.... :say_what:

and pouring out of my 3 way 12" JBL studio monitors was just indescribably perfect - mounted on the wall sideways at head level 10 feet behind me like the worlds largest headphones

I think you can say I'm happy! :highfive:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Jamie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:14 am

OT a bit, update on the EH C9. Really liking this pedal. Tracks very well. You really have to watch your finger picking techniques, the g, b, e can dominate on the higher frets as it blooms. Using a compressor before the C9 tames that a bit.
Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm

I noticed that roland seems to have shot for all the classic synth and organ sounds

many zep, pick floyd, deep purple sounds are there. Even the trumphet sound at the very end of 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)' is there. *So* easy to play when you just push the button for the sound, lol....

my bass playing friend came over a couple weeks ago, was so impressed he has agreed to do some labor for me ( build a sidewalk for me made from paver bricks which I already have) in exchange for a B stock that I found on sweetwater for $169

not only for himself, but after he saw the video about how musicians brains grow he (and his 12 yr old daughter) want one for her
:highfive:

Unit_1
Prince

Postby pckpat on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Unit_1 wrote:well, you said you don't do keys.... this one has no keys.... pretty stinkin cool at $99.99....

talk about a horse of a different color!!!!!!!

I got the Keytar on Monday and this flu is just robbing me of my motivation, it sets in it's box waiting for me

I'm having a hard enough time just making three meals a day.........getting my butt kicked by microbes.....

That guitarist in Muse has one of those Kaossilators mounted right in/on his Tele.
I have a few older-school keys around-plus the software instruments in Logic....oh yeah,and a Hammond M-3 and a M-103.(And Leslie.) Too much. I really do miss having a simple acoustic piano though. Great for breaking out of guitar fingerboard ruts. And nothing like real piano keys to keep your technique and chops in order. Not that I have keyboard chops. :P
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby DanTheBluesMan on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:05 am

I saw the demo for the B9 and was awed.

Then I saw the video for the C9 and was blown away. Since I've changed my style to more of a fingerpicking mode anyway, I really would like to give one of these a go. What was the street price on a C9?
DanTheBluesMan
Knight

Next

Return to Off-Topic Lounge