Ebay Global Shipping Program Horror Story - hiwatt content!

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Ebay Global Shipping Program Horror Story - hiwatt content!

Postby CoryT on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi all,
Just thought I'd share this nightmare with you, hopefully to save someone some heartache and also maybe to get some help tracking down lost gear.
I bought an old Hiwatt 4x15 cab (SE4151) off ebay. Unbeknownst to me, the seller was shipping using the Ebay global shipping program (I'm in Canada, the seller and the cab are in the US). My payment goes through, and she whips it off to the ebay shipping centre. A few days later I get an e-mail saying my money has been refunded, with no explanation given as to why. I've spent the last three weeks phoning and e-mailing ebay and their shipping partner (Pitney Bowes) trying to get to the bottom of it. To make a long story short, they determined the cabinet was too big for them to ship internationally, but instead of sending it back to the seller or contacting me to make other shipping arrangements, they payed me a 'refund' seized and the cabinet for 'liquidation' (i.e. they sell it off somehow, they won't tell me how, when or where) to recoup their costs. I've offered to buy it back and arrange a new shipper to pick it up. No dice. They are totally unwilling to help track it down and get it back to me. It's gone.
Needless to say I'm pretty bummed out about the whole thing. Probably won't get another chance at one of these for a long time.
So if anyone sees an SE4151 for sale, please let me know about it, it's probably mine:
ctremeer@gmail.com
Thanks
CoryT
Court Jester

Re: Ebay Global Shipping Program Horror Story - hiwatt conte

Postby housekustoms on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:32 am

I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby Strat59 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:13 pm

How insane. So technically if you bought a '59 Burst seller shipped it this way, they decide not to ship (Boss wants a '59 Burst) they seize it , sell it off
where / when / how not known to you. Boss buys '59 Burst. Seller gets his money / You get your refund / Shipping co Boss gets a '59
Burst...... or whatever item he might decide he'd like to have ?

I always use FEDEX , UPS etc.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby vez on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:56 pm

CoryT wrote:Hi all,
Just thought I'd share this nightmare with you, hopefully to save someone some heartache and also maybe to get some help tracking down lost gear.
I bought an old Hiwatt 4x15 cab (SE4151) off ebay. Unbeknownst to me, the seller was shipping using the Ebay global shipping program (I'm in Canada, the seller and the cab are in the US). My payment goes through, and she whips it off to the ebay shipping centre. A few days later I get an e-mail saying my money has been refunded, with no explanation given as to why. I've spent the last three weeks phoning and e-mailing ebay and their shipping partner (Pitney Bowes) trying to get to the bottom of it. To make a long story short, they determined the cabinet was too big for them to ship internationally, but instead of sending it back to the seller or contacting me to make other shipping arrangements, they payed me a 'refund' seized and the cabinet for 'liquidation' (i.e. they sell it off somehow, they won't tell me how, when or where) to recoup their costs. I've offered to buy it back and arrange a new shipper to pick it up. No dice. They are totally unwilling to help track it down and get it back to me. It's gone.
Needless to say I'm pretty bummed out about the whole thing. Probably won't get another chance at one of these for a long time.
So if anyone sees an SE4151 for sale, please let me know about it, it's probably mine:
ctremeer@gmail.com
Thanks

Cory, Thank you for giving us a heads up and relating your misfortune.
Tell me, are they selling it for more than you paid for it?. If so, by how much (if you don't mind)?
So we can all avoid a situation like this by not purchasing an item advertised as using Ebay "global shipping program"?
vez
Squire

Postby RC_Matthias on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:14 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Hiwatt-SE2 ... 1661328279 Might keep you occupied till then? :)
Hiwatt DR103 - 1978
Hiwatt SE4123 - 1974 (?)
HI-Tone, DR-F Loaded 4x12 Cabinet - 2010
Klira SG - 1970
Klira Hollow Paul - 1960's
Fender MIM Strat classic '60s RI - 2007
Univox Superfuzz Clone
RC_Matthias
Page

Postby NY Chief on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Same happened to me on an old Gretsch project guitar only I was the seller so I got my money anyway. Buyer (in Europe) was pretty bummed. There's NO excuse for not getting the merchandise back. More ebay BS :x
NY Chief transplanted in SoCal
NY Chief
Peasant

Return to eBay Watch