1968 Plexi

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

1968 Plexi

Postby brets9 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:16 am

Any love for this guy??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221640793479?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I live close by and could snatch it up! Just hoping to get a few opinions to perhaps point out what may have missed!!
brets9
Squire

Re: 1968 Plexi

Postby LD50 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:36 am

Yes it is pretty good, has been converted to lead but pretty well done in most respects, a bargain at that price (probably a reasonable deal at twice the price too I suspect), lamp replaced.

Will probably be a great rock amp, if you wanted bluesier and a pedal platform take it back to SB spec (very easy).

He talks about repair - I'd check it works rather than just needs a service and tidy.
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby brets9 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Great!! I saw the conversion. Your opinion on these amps means a lot. Hopefully I will score it. I have my eye on a nice '67 tele but opted to bid on this amp instead... I can't resist vintage Marshall amps...!!! :fingersx:
brets9
Squire

Postby Unit_1 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:14 pm

LD50 wrote:Yes it is pretty good, has been converted to lead but pretty well done in most respects, a bargain at that price (probably a reasonable deal at twice the price too I suspect), lamp replaced.

Will probably be a great rock amp, if you wanted bluesier and a pedal platform take it back to SB spec (very easy).

He talks about repair - I'd check it works rather than just needs a service and tidy.

you know I saw that .68uf in there and thought "hmmm.... that doesn't belong on a bass amp" lol.... but I figured you'd be chiming in and I'd find out for sure, lol...

thinking of removing them in my plexi clone....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby appetite4distortion on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:49 am

I have SB/10573 since few years, which seems 100% a twin of this one..tag signed by Mary, and same identical combo of caps/resistors brands and locations.
Interestingly enough, I too converted it to lead (with Neil's help) and easily reversable. Among the best ones I've heard, you can't go wrong!
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Postby brets9 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:25 pm

appetite4distortion wrote:I have SB/10573 since few years, which seems 100% a twin of this one..tag signed by Mary, and same identical combo of caps/resistors brands and locations.
Interestingly enough, I too converted it to lead (with Neil's help) and easily reversable. Among the best ones I've heard, you can't go wrong!

Great to hear!! I have quite a few vintage Marshall amps! My current fav setup is a '76 JMP50 that is stuffed into a 1974X cab that sports a G12H30 from the same year. Killer strat tones..!! I really hope that I score this one. If so, I will post some better pics!!
brets9
Squire

Postby brets9 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:32 pm

I scored the amp for a great price! I will post some better pics when it arrives..! Can't wait... :cheers:
brets9
Squire

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:11 pm

:highfive:
Congratulations!
:cheers:

Sound clips, *please* :thumbsup:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to eBay Watch